• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Earthquakes Becoming More Frequent?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
April 2014GEOLOGY – The season of hyper seismicity which I warned would unfold across the globe from March 15 to April 12 continues in earnest with a dazzling display of increased seismic events erupting along the peripheral boundaries of the Pacific Plate in the Ring of Fire.

Pacific Ring of Fire becoming increasingly more active | The Extinction Protocol
After hearing about yet another earthquake today, a 7.6 near the Solomon Islands, which a Tsunami warning was issued over, I'm wondering if earthquakes are becoming more frequent? Seems like every time you turn around your hearing about another one, several that were powerful quakes. Could this possibly mean we are going to have the big one in California, Alaska or even New Madrid?

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
I am from the state of California. I am still walking alive and well and I was never really scared from these quakes thinking about moving anywhere else. I never met anyone that had any earthquake damage. Not even a crack. Most of the quakes have been small tremors throughout various parts of the state. In 1996 most places got destroyed by a fire not the quake itself. Only because back then gas lines were not as safe as the usually are now. .

Calif. in fact is more ready for a quake than Carolina is ready for a hurricane. Calif. has invested a lot of money in its architecture, houses, and buildings. There are many that also have rollers underneath that will keep many of these structures attached. It is the older 70s model axles and earlier that was less designed for quakes. I think in most states there is a concern of what kind of natural disaster one is to avoid. Here in Illinois blizzards and strong wind storms. A few years ago we also got one of those funnels. That was really scary our basement got flooded back then so it was actually safer to be on ground level. .

I think in more cases hurricanes and tornadoes have caused more damage or fatalities than quakes have. Oklahoma for example you hear about places being torn down. In quakes mostly in Calif. will cause some cracks or some other damage around the property. But that is not usually too often. Do you know why sidewalks crack in Calif.? That is mostly due to the trees and its roots plus years of weathering. So a quake being responsible to crack sidewalks is not that very common. .

So if anyone is afraid of Calif. be more afraid to live New York or Connecticut. Hurricane Sandy came along and they still talk of the damage. But Calif. has had several earthquakes. The damage and deaths being talked about is fewer than Midwest tornadoes or east coast hurricanes. . Quit looking west for a big disaster. Look right in your area for any kind. . I lived in Calif. all my life. I am still not afraid to live there. I’m more afraid of tornadoes, hurricanes, or being trapped in by blizzards. Still to be on the safe side I would live on the second level. But that also has to do with rain as well.

danwiz

Registered Member
The Jehovah's Witnesses will be happy to hear about that as it will mean (to them) that the apocalypse is near and they can all be in heaven having a good time!

But, to me it seems like more hype than anything else. The article you steered us to mentioned seismic events at locations deeper than ever before - maybe the detection equipment is getting better, maybe such quakes have not been bothered to be reported in the past, maybe...

We have not really noticed anything significant or out of the ordinary here in Japan - and if there is anyplace on the planet that likes to scare its population it is Japan. Here would be the first place to jump on something like this if it was actually happening.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm sure the Chicken Little's of the world would have a field day with this. They will take every opportunity they can get. I was just wondering what people on GF thought. Since we are scattered through out the world.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
I'm not a JW. I'm not a chicken little either. I am however a Bible believing Christian.
Earthquake activity is a real prophecy spoken by Jesus the Son of God himself.

If Jesus has said these things I personally don't take things lightly.
Did you know that in the 1990's that 1/3 of disasters or every 1 of 3 of disasters
took place in the 20th century? Those are very significant numbers.

And even some of these disasters in the 21st century then the 90's.
In all my life of living in California this is the msot active I have ever seen.
To read the prophecy about earthquakes read the chapter Matthew 24 in the Bible.

Jesus specifically tells us that quakes in various places will be a sign among other signs
to show us that we are reaching closer to the return of Jesus Christ.
I believe that it's possible to happen in our lifetime.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if earthquakes are just being reported more or if they are happening more, the scientists say there are no more than usual, but it sure seems like there are. Idaho had a small one recently, 4.9.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have no idea if earthquakes are becoming more frequent. This kind of thing could just go in cycles. There was an earthquake here last year though, which is the first one I've ever felt. Initially they thought it was from a blast at a nearby quarry, but they later determined it was a natural earthquake.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks for posting Chuz. I'm glad no one was hurt, at least no reports so far. I wonder who will be next?