Earth, Wind, & Fire

Discussion in 'Music' started by Bassman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Bassman

Bassman Guest

OK, ok. I know that many of you don't especially like funk/R&B, but come on! This group has more talent than you can shake a stick at!!

Your thoughts??

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Earth, Wind & Fire is really passed my time lol. But I like some of their songs like Disco Inferno, Brick House, Boogie Nights and Dancing in September. But my favorite member of the band is Phillip Bailey because of the song he made with Phil Collins--Easy Lover.

3. Bassman

Bassman Guest

Ehh...

All but one was not by EWF (September being the EWF song).

4. Belcher

Belcher Guest

It's all about "Let's Groove"

5. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

Parliament is my staple for funk. You can't beat it.

I gotsta get funked up.

6. Bassman

Bassman Guest

Ahh the old rivalry between Maurice White and George Clinton is alive and well.

7. Belcher

Belcher Guest

While I don't like the simplicity of funk lyrics, I always find the bass lines to be my favorite of all genres.
    Let me amend that: except for perhaps jazz

8. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

Earth, Wind & Fire was the best group of there time in my opinion.A lot of other groups and artists sampled there music. If it wasn't for them a lot of groups wouldn'd have been inspired to sing.

9. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

EW&F has always been a favorite of mine. September - Boogie Nights - Would You Mind. All excellent songs. Nere a brass section much better.

Hoosier.

10. Hinata

Hinata La Coquette

Haha OMG I can't believe you guys brought up the Elements of Earth Wind and Fire.

I saw them live a few months ago and no matter what is said about them. They still have it going on! I mean in person and live to hear the voice.. Singing 'Reasons' OMG I almost fell out of my seat crying just to be less than 100ft of him and be able to hear that voice of his. ACK!!! I loved it!

But no doubt in my mind are they the greatest of their time. And they paved the way for so many other artists. Just to have the ability to be around 30 years after you first came out. That says a lot about the group.. Seriously how many other groups have been around and still sounding strong after 30 years?