Earth like planet found!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
This could be interesting to find out more on but the information is limited at this time. who knows we might no be alone in the universe I hope not.
ET phone here!
It would be worth further investigation or even a probe launched in that direction to see just what the planet is and if it has life on it.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
even a probe launched in that direction to see just what the planet is and if it has life on it.
That's fairly easily discernible from distant observation. There's a habitable swath of every solar system, depending on the size and intensity of the star. The chemical composition of the planet and its atmosphere can also be inferred.

Most likely it's either a baked wasteland like Mercury or a frozen tundra like Pluto.

In terms of probe activity, the most likely destination of probes (which would probably be fusion-based solar sails) are Barnard's Star and Alpha Centauri- and of course, this is a ways off, as we have no quick and reliable method of figuring out where exosolar planets are.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Oh wow. I wonder how long it will take for them to determine the contents of the planet. With it being so close to the sun-like star, would life be possible?

Hiei

The Hierophant
I hope that that planet is full with some kind of extreme heat handling new life and that they're angry that we've caught a picture of them.

BRING ON THE ALIEN INVADERS!