• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Early Bye week vs Late Bye week

TheRealVJ

Registered Member
(if this topic was discussed before, my bad)

Simple discussion question: would you prefer your bye week earlier in the season, such as Week 5, or later in the season, such as Week 12. In my opinion.....

Pros of Early Bye: helps you get accumulated to the regular season. Works as a refresher to adapt to the stretch and duress of games coming off the offseason. Gives a breather if you had rough start to the season.

Pros of Late Bye: gives a breather down the home stretch. Helps prepare for the playoffs. Give guys time to heal up before the post season.

Verdict: I'd much rather have a late bye week than an early bye week. Just helps you prefer better for the playoffs and gives guys time to rest up without having to miss any games.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Either way, both can also break your momentum if you're on a serious winning streak when the bye happens but I also think that the late bye is best.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is a tough one. I think I rather have a later bye week. Their bodies are hurting, sore, etc. just getting those two straight weeks "off" could do wonders for them.

Also, I don't think they would lose momentum if they are on a winning streak and get an extra week off. They were already off for six days, or so, it's not like the NBA, NHL or MLB, you don't play every day, or every second day.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it depends but on paper I'd take the later bye week as well. The grind can be tough and a break in the middle to the end of the year can really help stamina.

Impact

V.I.P.
They should just have a mid season break for all teams and be done with it. Completely unfair for a team to get a ridiculously early or late bye. Arguably more advantages to the late bye, especially if you're team is likely to make a playoff run so for the sake of answering your question, late bye wins

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be an interesting thing to see...everyone just gets, say, week 8 off and there's no football that week

I dunno think the advertisers would go for it though haha

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Advertisers? Think about us, we'd be going insane. Luckily, college football is still around at that time so that would compensate haha