Early Bird vs Procrastination

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wooly, Jun 21, 2010.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

When you're faced with a task, be it physical labour, a project that needs finishing or maybe study for an exam, ar you the type to get it out of the way early or leave it until the very last minute?

I'm definitely a leave it til the last minute kind of guy. In fact the reason i'm writing this is because i have to clear out my whole room and move all the furniture for the painter tomorrow but haven't started yet! Same goes with my exams, i save pretty much all study until the day before the exam and cram like hell!!! It's always worked well for me though and i just can't seem to motivate myself to be the early bird!

How bout you?

2. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

I don't know, I don't want to rush into an answer so I'll wait and let you know later...... LOL!!!!!:lol:

JK

I like to get the difficult stuff done first. Waiting just makes it worse IMO....

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I almost always get it done early to get it out of the way. I hate waiting until the last minute.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I usually procrastinate. Even at work, most of my work is done in the afternoon.

Except for today. lol

5. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I do it as soon as...then I have time to sit and ponder....

Apart from packing up my room....then all of a sudden I have a MILLION other things to do....you know like write on GF and stuff....

.....I'm still not going......

Ah well :)

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm early bird in terms of planning. I like everything "fixed in my head" way in advance. For example if I have a project F...then I need to know in advance how and when I'll do my steps A to E, needed to fulfill project F.

But I also procastinate in the sense that if I scheduled step A for today, it's possible I'll do it at the last minute. I guess I like the thrill or the challenge of meeting my own targets in a short period of time. :dork: And sometimes the time pressure makes me more inspired.

7. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I'm usually procrastinating. At least on things I am not very passionate about doing.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Leave everything to the last minute. My best (ahem, only) studying for exams gets done a couple days before, with the most intense stuff the whole night before the exam and then right up until I walk into the test, haha. I suppose that's as last minute as you can get.

With day to day tasks, I like to get it out of the way if there's a lot to do. If there's just one or two things then I'll leave it as long as I can.

9. theotherone

theotherone Registered Member

I'm pretty much exactly like this. I'll get excited about planning for whatever it is (Writing a paper? I'll create a detailed outline. Cleaning my room? I'll figure out where and what I want organized how before touching a thing.) ...and then I don't finish whatever it was until I absolutely have to.

If I'm excited about something, however, (or if other people are doing it too and I feel competitive) I'll jump in feet first and get it done super fast.