• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Earache Or Toothache

Dabs

Registered Member
Which do you think is the worst pain between an earache and a toothache??

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Toothache. When you have pain there you can't talk, can't eat, can't move your mouth and it's annoying.

Earache is annoying too but is a bit more bearable.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Toothache. Ear aches aren't much fun either but I can handle that pain a lot easier. I used to have both quite a bit when I was younger.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have had both, more so when I was a child.....but in my opinion, earaches are far worse than a toothache.
With a toothache, you can at least go to a dentist, have the tooth pulled or taken care of.......but with an earache, there's not much you can do :(

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Earache.

I'd prefer the toothache, even though it's probably more annoying. With pain, I'd much rather it be in a place where the source/cause can be identified (and cured, I guess). In the same way that a huge gaping cut in my arm is preferable over a strange headache I've never felt before.

I hate the thought of it being near a very delicate area, as well. With earache, because it's not a surface pain, I'd be scared I might go deaf or something.

It's a little irrational, I suppose.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I hate having earaches. I have them periodically and they are very painful. It is like a sharp ringing in my ear and I tend to get those every other week or so. I can not explain how painful it is. I rather have toothaches because those can get fixed, but I have been to the doctor numerous times and all they say is that I am healthy.

Dabs

Registered Member
Does anyone who has suffered with an earache recall some silly home remedy??
Maybe one that was suggested to them by a friend or family member??
When I was a little girl, I got earaches a lot, quite often...and somebody told my Mother that smoke blown into the ear will help ease the pain.
Well they sure as hell didn't know what they were talking about, because when I would get an earache, my Mother would blow smoke in my ear and then place a small dab of cotton in the ear canal.
It took me years to finally tell her.....it didn't work....I didn't want to hurt her feelings~
But I hear some people say a warm washcloth placed on the ear helps.....but, I have tried that too....not real good at helping~

Bliss

Sally Twit
Have you people not heard of ear drops? You lay down, drop them in and then put some cotton wool in your ear. It feels weird when you first stand up but it gets rid of the pain.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'd say toothache except if the earache is so bad it gives you vertigo. That's worse. Actually for me, a bad case of vertigo is the worst that can happen to me. I've had episodes of it and I can't move, I can't open my eyes, and I'm barfing all the time. So no thanks.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Have you people not heard of ear drops? You lay down, drop them in and then put some cotton wool in your ear. It feels weird when you first stand up but it gets rid of the pain.
That's what I use to ease the pain which goes away after 20 minutes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Bathroom Wall 9
wolfheart Health & Fitness 13