Eagles sign Trotter, release Garcia

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Sep 29, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm kind of surprised, but not overly surprised. I figured Garcia was going to be the starter if McNabb went down though.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Eh Garcia was just an insurance policy if Kevin Kolb really sucked...with Donovan coming back it doesnt seem necessary to have 4 quarterbacks on the roster.

I'd like the Rams to give Garcia a look since Bulger went down.

3. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Perhaps the Bucs could use him more, they suck pretty damn badly.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Not surprised at all, didn't expect to stick around when McNabb was ready to come back. Trotter is a good signing, he had some of his best years with the Eagles and even though he's the player he once was, he'll help that Eagles defense.

5. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I'm sure the Bucs are going to wait to see how Josh Johnson does.

There are rumors that the Raiders are looking at him again.

6. Millz

If I'm Garcia I would tell the Raiders to go fuck themselves after they released him for no reason. But that's me.

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

you know delhomme could use some help *snickers* and seattles QB has broken ribs as well. I really don't know why they just couldn't wait the allotted time for Vick to be available. Ya Kolb sux but he's their sucky player.

8. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

..because Vick's on a 2-year contract with the Eagles..

..and how does Kolb suck? Yeah, he threw 3 picks in his first start, but he's thrown for back to back 300 yards games and has been huge trying to help the Eagles while McNabbs out.

and here's who are supposedly out there for Garcia

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

ya Vicks on a 2 year contract but they didnt NEED Garcia now. They actually don't really need him in 2 years either. And the 2nd year with the Eagles is actually only an option at this point. It was sign 1 year with an option for a 2nd.

10. Millz

Kolb was impressive but it was against Kansas City

That doesn't even count.