Eagles' McNabb hurts knee, out for season

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

PHILADELPHIA (Nov. 19, 2006) -- Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb will miss the rest of the year because of a torn ligament in his right knee, ending his season early for the third time in five years.

McNabb was carted off the field early in the second quarter of Philadelphia's 24-13 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

The Eagles said McNabb tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

"That's normally an eight month to a year injury, so he's done for the year," Eagles coach Andy Reid said.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PHI/9814886

2. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

I'm EXTREMELY disappointed. There goes any chance the Eagles had and there goes McNabb's MVP.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

He was having a MVP season, im just not sure that the eagles can be a playoff team without McNabb.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't think that the Eagles will be making the playoffs, because the Giants and Cowboys are to strong right now. This will hurt them a lot, and I would agree with you that McNabb was having a MVP season.

5. Omega

Omega Ω

This makes me very sad I love the eagles win or lose there my favorite team. I did not see this game at all and I think alot of the time Mcnabb feels that he has to carry the team and feels he has to do everything himself. I am not saying the rest of there team sucks I am just saying Mcnabb put alot on himself, but them again not knowning the guy makes it hard to really know. I have to say though one game I was watching westbrook was doing really great so once again there team is not sucky it is just Mcnabb pushes himself way to hard.

6. Impaired

Impaired Guest

Watching the Eagles - Colts game was painful beyond belief. Garcia finally got the offense going, but our defense, which has the potential to be the best in year, just laid down and died.

Manning had carreer lows in passing, because every time he handed the ball to the rookie running back, he cut through the Eagles defense for like 9 yards.

It was depressing, as in fact, most of this season has been.

The Eagles have no shot at the playoffs at this point, but I want them to go down fighting. Not laying down or bending over.

Receivers not catching balls. Defenders not making tackles. Stupid penalties. The football basics are severaly lacking and I'm not sure how to fix that.

7. Impaired

Impaired Guest

As crappy as it was, it was still a win.

Garcia looked very, very good. 3 TDs, no INTs and 300 yards. He scrambled when he had to and made some long passes that everybody said he could no longer throw.

Poor tackling made us seem much worse than I think we are. Our defense is not playing up to its ability.

It was good to see the Eagles stick it out for the whole game and seal with deal with an interception in the end zone at the last second.

The Panthers had the game, if they wanted it. And they blew it. They had a time out left and should have tried to run it into the end zone once.

But they tossed it up and the defender got position (Lito said after that he heard the play being called and knew it was the fade route) - the rest is history.

Still in the playoff hunt - wounded and limping, but not quitting, not out of it. . .

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't like the Eagles but Don is a awsome player and WAS in a awsome form and this injury is not what he needed now.

9. Impaired

Impaired Guest

The Eagles then went on to win 3 divisional games on the road and then beat the Faclons with their 2nd and 3rd string players.

Woohoo!!