Movies E.T

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm sure there's a lot of E.T fans on these forums, well if you are I want to hear what you thought of the movie.

I remember watching this movie for the first time, I didn't know anything about Extra-Terrestrial so I was kind of scared when I first saw the movie, but I still loved it. I just found it amazing that the story line was amazing, and looking back it was pretty cool graphics and effects.

I haven't seen the movie in a really long time, but I'm sure if I watched it I'd probably have the same feelings about the movie.

Any other fans?

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Yeah I can see that ET is indeed overflowing with fans from GF. :laugh:

I'm not exactly an ET "fan" but I did like the movie and it made me cry the first time I watched it. Now my son likes the movie but I'm not sure he's old enough to understand the concept of extraterrestials. ET is more like any other mascot to him.

3. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I LOVED the film so much. I cry every time I watch it and it has a lot of bits that make me laugh too. I think it was a really moving film and directed really well.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Over a week later lol...

Yeah I liked the movie. I've only seen it once or twice though.

Instead of re-releasing it I think Spielberg could have gotten away with remaking it. Sure it isn't the same as the original if it's remade but the current generation doesn't like to watch older sci-fi stuff due to the outdated special effects.

It could be very cool if it was redone and I'd see it again just to see what Spielberg did with it the second time around.

At least there was never an E.T.2... That would have been a cheese-fest.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

That's why I always shake my head when I see threads like this. I mean seriously. A 25 year old movie needs its own discussion thread? How much can you even say about it? "Yeah, I liked it." It's not like you can share different opinions or interpretations of it or anything. It's a kids movie.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

In my opinion there's a lot more that can be said about an old movie like E.T then a new movie, especially classic movies. The reason why we don't get a lot of replies to this thread is because there's a lot younger people here, same thing can be said if I started a thread about Ben-Hur, if there was an older crowd here, we could have so many great discussions about that movie since it's a classic.

In my opinion, people need to start watching films from the 50's and 40's they might learn a little about great acting, great movies and great storylines.

7. Major

Um, no, sorry dude. Age has nothing to do with it. There's just jack shit to say about E.T. You could start a thread about a movie like 2001: A Space Odyssey, which is from the 60's, and it would generate a lot more discussion.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You must not realize how big of a movie E.T. was when it came out. It set the stage for several movies, not to mention has been spoofed in movies as recently as the Shrek movies.

If you don't like the movie then don't reply to the thread..

9. Major

I was born in the early 80s, I know how big the movie was. I still don't think there's much to say about it. I didn't post in here to say I didn't like the movie. It was more about the flooding of threads that are destined to see few replies.

ysabel likes this.
  10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I've never seen E.T.