e-mail hijackers?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
apparently my email has been hijacked, as it's sending out spam links to all my contacts. Is there anything I can do about that, other than getting rid of that email account? It's a yahoo account that I've had for about 10 years.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
^

Yep. Change your password and be careful about giving out information and opening suspicious mail. Also, I'm sure this is obvious, let all your contacts know about the situation.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
It's that easy, huh?

the tricky part will be figuring out a password that's not very hackable, yet I can remember it.

thanks

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, what they said. All you have to do is change your password. I've had it happen a lot on yahoo accounts. Haven't had a problem with the gmail yet, thankfully.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I just got one yesterday from a client of mine, a spam link from his email account. I called him and told him about it and he said someone had just informed him of it. I just told him to change his password.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Well, from what I understand it's not really hacking. It's keylogging, usually via suspicious link and etc. so it won't matter how complicated the password is. I know I encounter so many people on my contact list that send out strange e-mails containing suspicious links - like others have said just inform the person and change up the password.

Even if u change ur password..still it gets hacked then ur comp is infected with Keyloggers or keysteeals..!!! dont ever save ur password on any browser..!!! it can be easily accessed by hackers..!! Use a Good Anti-virus with anti-spyware!!!