E bay?

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Omega, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Omega

Omega Ω

I have hundreds of yu gi oh cards and a bunch are rare. I want to sell them, maybe using E bay but I have no clue how e bay works and how safe everything will be. Also I have two really nice collector knifes my gramfather gave me that he bought for $500 each. So how can I sell these things and make some money off of them so I can get a few things I need in life (GED test cost $100) How can I do all of this and how do the money/product get trasfered. Also is it safe?

I have a reloadable credit card thing.

Will those card make any money?

Any one think they can help me out?

Thank in advance to anyone that replys

-Omega

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ebay-a-holic here....

Sign up for pay pal using your bank account information. Prepaid cards don't work on EBay. It's a third party bank that’s 100% secure, legit and it deducts money from your account and transfers money into your account that way no one knows your financial info.

Sign up for eBay, watch the tutorials on how to sell items. If I’m not mistaken you have to get some kind of reputation on buying from EBay before you can sell. I'm not sure though. They have an awesome FAQ.

Find the a value of your cards by looking at other lots similar to what you are selling and start the bid at 20% cheaper then the value.

Any questions PM me, I know a bunch about ebay.

3. Omega

Omega Ω

Thank you for the answers, I do not have a bank account so I doubt I will be on e bay any time so. Rep for answers :)

4. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

For selling cards, it might be more profitable to sell them to a local gaming/card store, if there is such a thing in your area. They have sites and such dedicated to tracking the prices of your cards, so draw up what you think they'll be worth, and then go into the store and see if the owner is interested in buying it. Things like cards tend to go up in value over time (if they're kept in nice condition) so you may want to only sell until you have as much money as you need, and keep the others for if they become worth more.

That being said ebay is a good alternative too, and is usually very safe.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I'd be careful here, Senator. Trading card shops are notorious for ripping people off who don't really know what they're doing. Perhaps if he could find a shop that will sell his cards on consignment it might work out, but even that has risks if the cards haven't been Bekett graded and sealed.

Hoosier.

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

That's definitely true... but like I said, there are sites and probably magazines or something which keeps pretty reliable price data, so if you go into the store with a good idea of what you want, and dont sell them unless you get it, he should be ok.

7. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Where they get ripped off is when they bring non graded cards into a shop. It's true that magazines like Beketts have current values listed for sports cards. The problem is the values always vary depending on the grade of the card. You have to know for sure what your card would be graded at before you deal with one of these sharks. For example, a card graded *pristine* is much more valuable then a card graded as *mint.* The average collector isn't able to tell what grade the card is just by looking at it themselves.

Hoosier.