Dwayne Johnson Lands Big Movie Role

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Tucker, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Is there any doubt this will suck? From what I see on IMDb, it's not a telling of Verne's classic but a sequel to one of three second-rate 2008 remakes, the one starring Brendan Fraser (the other two were headed by film legends Greg Evigan and Ricky Schroeder). Johnson's co-star, to no surprise: a nerdy-looking teenage boy.

My take: this dude peaked with Scorpion King. For the prestige of being called a headliner, The Egotist Formerly Known As The Rock will take any lead role in any shitass film he can get.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought he was funny in "Be Cool", playing a guy trying to be an actor. It reminded me of the humor in his real life roll choices. :lol:

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I thought he made a few good movies, I liked him in Rundown, Walking Tall and Gridiron Gang. I don't believe he's as bad as some people make him out to be, just like John Cena. Obviously, you can't expect great acting from Johnson, just entertainment, which in my opinion he provides in most of his roles.

4. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Dwayne's a decent actor. My personal preference is Welcome to The Jungle.
    I miss the guy in WWE. I haven't watched since he left.

He's given acting a shot and must be doing something right if he is been cast in major movies.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wait, what?

New Line just made a film adaption of it two years ago with Brendan Frasier, why the hell do they think this is a good idea? Has anyone heard anymore information? This can't be right because it's waaaaay to soon to be doing that movie again, especially the same company.

6. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

Well this is really going to make or break him in Hollywood. I haven't been a real big fan of his movies, he has been in a couple of decent ones like Be Cool and Scorpion King, but if they are going to have a big budget on this film they should of picked someone else. Wish him luck.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Okay, I found a bit more info. It's not a remake, it's a sequel and the only reason Frasier isn't in it again is due to scheduling conflicts. The other big problem, is that it's being directed by the guy who did Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore.

This is not the break the Rock has been waiting for, it'll just be another Tooth Fairy, a box office bomb.