Movies DVDs New or Used?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Nightsurfer, May 16, 2008.

?

New or used

1. New

75.0%
  2. Used

25.0%
  1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all.

I was looking at my DVD collection and I began to wonder if any of buy your movies new or used?

I try to wait to buy a movie. Sometimes I can't wait and I get it the first day out, but I mostly wait. To save money.

I have gotten my movies at the usual places like Wallie World, Target, Block Buster, a few game stores, pawn shops, and the flea market too.

So my question to you all is, do you prefer your DVDs New or Used, and where do you go to purchases them from?

Van likes this.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Obviously I prefer them new, but as long as the cases are in good condition and the DVD is not scratched, then I don't mind at all.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

New. I worked at a place that at the time sold used DVDs. I am never buying a used DVD...

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

All my new DVDs were new. I don't really like buying used stuff unless I have to.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I buy them new, but not newly released (when the prices are still too high). I wait until they're in promo price or search the net here. We have several sites that sell new dvds cheaper because they're manufactured in nearby Euro countries where the general cost of DVDs (or cost of living) are cheaper. Just have to make sure they have French subtitles.

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I've said this a few other times on here, but I have gotten burned big-time buying used things, so I try my damndest to stay away from them.

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Used things are just asking for trouble and I buy new whenever possible.

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I buy them new when I want a DVD that just came out but I really try to buy used.

I've never bought a scratched DVD or game and most places have a decent return policy.

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi ya..

I have never had any issues with used DVDs, mainly because I check them before I buy them. But i'm pretty picky about what condition the DVD has to be in.

If there any scratches or the DVD is missing it's cover I don't buy it.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I usually buy my DVD's brand new, but if there's this movie that I really want and I cannot find it brand new then yes I'll buy it used, but it must have the case. I don't really like buying DVD's when they don't have their appropriate case for it.