• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DVDs and CDs

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Does anyone buy DVDs often? I do, after seeing a movie that I find very satisfying, interesting, and appealing. The only places you can find DVDs now is at electronics stores or the video sections of certain department or grocery stores. The Blockbuster chain in my area is seriously dwindling.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I don't buy CD's often, but I buy both DVD's and blu-rays a lot. So does my roommate. In this house we have a huge collection of DVD's and blu-rays. Whenever we go shopping we almost always come home with some new ones. We also have a huge game collection.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I am trying to get rid of DVD's as I have so many. I have sold a few, but there are still a big pile I want to get rid of. I went through my collection and tossed anything aside that I haven't watched in a long time. I've promised myself to only add to my DVD collection if I am guaranteed to watch it multiple times. Not going to lie, there are some I decided to hold on to for sentimental reasons, but the collection is much smaller now.

I haven't bought a CD in years. I get any albums I like from iTunes nowadays.

Elanor

Registered Member
I don't often buy CDs, the only time I do is if it is cheaper than downloading from itunes or amazon. I still buy DVDs and also get blu-rays now too. I have a lovefilm rent-by-post subscription, so I will usually rent then buy if I like the film/tv show.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Not CD's or DVDs unless I want something not available on a streaming or digital service. DVDs are getting dirt cheap and Blu-Rays are already the next step so yeah I can't say I have many reasons to buy DVDs.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm kind of an audiophile so I will still buy CDs. If you've got the ear and equipment for it you can definitely tell the difference between 1411kbps and 256kbps quality. It takes up a lot of space on my hard drive but I don't really mind. To put it on my ipod I'll bring everything down to 192kbps to conserve space. I can usually find a CD on eBay or at the store for cheaper than downloading on iTunes.

I only buy Blu-Ray discs these days, no DVDs. I do like movies though.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I stopped buying DVDs years ago and I want all of my music to be digital. The only CDs I have anymore are the ones I play in my van since I don't have the proper adapter to use my phone in there.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I buy CDs for my car because it doesn't support AUX and it costs money to install so fuck that. As for DVDs, I buy them when I can't find a good torrent.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Since things like Sporify came along I very rarely buy CDs, having the physical medium really means nothing to me anymore.

As for DVDs I still buy quite a few DVDs during the month, not as many as I used to but I still do. One thing I don't often do is look for the newest DVDs and buy them (and not just because I think a lot of today's films are rubbish but that is part of it) but I do buy a lot of TV DVDs because I like having collections, I also as witnessed by Millz have a lot of Wrestling DVDs because the distributor Silvervision used to do "tagged classics", unfortunately Silvervision are no more so I am not sure what is going to happen in the future.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I never buy CDs anymore. Just buy mp3's and that's it.

DVDs, I will buy if it's something I love and only if it's on sale for a really good price. With all the streaming capabilities I don't really have that much time to watch DVDs most of the time.