• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DVD on the Montreal Screwjob

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere I wanted it to have its own thread...

You may have heard some buzz here on the site that WWE is working on a special DVD project that's set to be released this fall. Jim Ross dropped a few hints on Twitter, calling the project "groundbreaking" and saying he was very fortunate to be a part of it. To follow up on this story - it appears the project will be an in-depth profile on the rocky relationship between WWE Hall of Famers Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

Jim Ross announced on Twitter this week that he interviewed Bret and Shawn for several hours yesterday in Stamford, CT for a DVD project that will be released this October.

While the DVD will certainly cover the infamous Montreal Screwjob, but their entire relationship during the 1990s will be covered, including both men breaking out of top tag teams and their paths crossing several times en route to WWE super stardom.

While the Montreal Screwjob has been analyzed and scrutinized from every possible angle, never before have we been given an inside look at Bret and Shawn's rocky relationship.
Rajah.com is the source

Jim Ross blogged about it as well. This sounds awesome!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It sounds really interesting; I don't know if I'd rush out to buy it though.

I can picture the screw-job being a focus, and I've heard about it ad nauseum at this point in my wrestling fan "career," lol.

I'd like to hear about their "crossing paths" during the 90s, though...that could really be interesting if done well. I'm curious how detailed they'll go about drug use being a contributing factor with Shawn, though, because we're still in the era of PG.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm definitely buying this when it comes out. I was estatic when I heard this new DVD was coming out. I'm a huge fan of Bret Hart, and I want to hear the full story from both sides, and who better to ask questions then Good Ol' JR. I'm glad that they're not just focusing on the screwjob, these two have a history way beyong the screwjob. Should be one of the best DVD's yet.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree it could be one of the best. The fact this whole thing was so real and these two legit hated each other makes it more interesting then most things that could be released.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree it could be one of the best. The fact this whole thing was so real and these two legit hated each other makes it more interesting then most things that could be released.
I mentioned this in my previous post, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

As Millz says above, it could be an incredible DVD because this was real. However, how can the WWE tell the truly real story of these two in the era of PG? Is it possible that we'd get the most rich and detailed story out of this, or that it would cover things but be too glossed-over? That's part of why I'm hesitant.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I mentioned this in my previous post, but I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

As Millz says above, it could be an incredible DVD because this was real. However, how can the WWE tell the truly real story of these two in the era of PG? Is it possible that we'd get the most rich and detailed story out of this, or that it would cover things but be too glossed-over? That's part of why I'm hesitant.
Well it's the PG era but this is a DVD and not something they'll be showing on WWE TV.

I think there's a difference in that. Are their DVD's rated PG as well?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, we'll get most of the real story even though we're in the PG era. We all know that these guys hated each other so I don't believe they'll hold back. Shawn Michaels even stated in his goodbye speech that he treated Bret Hart like crap. Also, Bret has never been one to hold back, especially when it comes to Shawn Michaels. I expect to hear stories we've never heard before, and we'll find out the real truth about the "urban legends" between these two guys.