DVD collection

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Beretta295, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Beretta295

Beretta295 Registered Member

Well I am not sure if this counts as a 'collection' but I spend LOTS of money on DVD's, and i've bought around 300 last time I counted.

Anyone else collect dvd's? If so, how many do you have??

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I do!

I have stopped counting. :lol:

It used to be well organised. We had a catalog and it lists based on the main actors or director (or the French/Original titles). But the collection grew faster than we could sit down to update the list. I estimate it to be more than 500.
    I'll take a pic of it when I get the moment.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have also stopped counting. I would estimate my library to be around 300-500.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I lost count of all the DVDs I have in my collection. Last time I counted We had over 2,350 DVDs (everything from Horror to sci fi , comedy action, tear tearjerkers and kids movies not to mention all the anime and 80's stuff. I have my own little Mega Video.

Some of the movies I have a re the collectors editions and some have even jumped in their value.

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I've never counted them but I estimate my DVD library to be between 300 and 500.

Damn, now you've got me curious enough to actually count the damn things and see how many I've got:lol:

6. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I got curious and actually counted mine. With the ones I have loaned out, it's at about 350.

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

wow I dunno how many we have, I know my parents have at least a whole closet of nothing but VHS tapes, and there are two cabinets, three tiers high that are double stacked with dvd's... so man I'd imagine there are close to 4-500 dvd's in that collection. Me personally I probably only own about 20-30 :hah:

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I used to buy between 5 and 10 every single month when I got paid. I stopped doing that a couple of years ago because I was spending way too much on them. I'd always look for the special offers but I was buying films I would only watch once and some have never been opened. It got too out of hand.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Thats the other thing with me... I'm a big fan of the "Double" and "Triple" feature dvd's... especially like the one I've got from Underworld... has all 3 movies on just one disk and it only cost me 20 bucks!

I have a couple that are like that, where they've got the first and the sequal on the same disk.

10. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I am a sucker for these kinds of deals too. My actual DVD collection isn't huge but I can say that 90% of it is what I love, so I know it's refined and money wasn't wasted.

But seriously, I've had to stop myself going into the DVD shop up town because they always have great offers on older shows and films which are the ones I tend to love. Don't care much for the expensive new releases!