During the All Star / Olympic Break

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by icegoat63, Feb 17, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

What do you do? Do you give hockey a rest or do you follow the All Star Game or Olympic Games?

If you follow the Olympic games... do you follow just your country? Or do you follow Players off of your Favorite Clubs Roster?

Also as a harder question... Do you feel this Break is Long enough? Considering how long the Entire season is?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well there's no All Star game during the Olympic Break.

But I follow almost every games during the Hockey break, but Team Canada are my first priority, since their my home country.

I think the break is long enough, it only happens every four years.

3. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

No disrespect to the NHL or the playoffs, but Olympic hockey is the best hockey you will watch per four years. So I watch the Olympics during the break, which is yes, long enough.

And for me, I just root for my home nation, Canada. But it is a great tournament that I believe the NHL should embrace, not kick to the curb.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I realize that... but the Olympic break is in lieu of the All Star.... So for those 3 years where its not an Olympic Break... its still an All Star Break.

And technically if you think about it. The olympic break really isnt much more than a country specific All Star Tourney. Considering the IIHC has Yearly Olympic style Tournaments every year. Its just that the Olympic one is the most paid attention to. Unless of course you really enjoy watching the Juniors.

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I'd much rather have the skills competition and All-Star game but I am watching some of the Olympic hockey.

6. Babe_Ruth

Wow!!!! I never heard anyone say that before lol. Olympic hockey is ten times better than the All Star weekend and it's not even close in my opinion.

The heart and passion these players show during the Olympic games are similar to what we see in the playoffs. You don't see any hitting in the All Star game and defense is not spectacular either.

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Haha yeah I'm all about the Olympic hockey...its so awesome...better then anything you'll see in an NHL rink, that's for sure.

I wish we could have it every year...I dont really watch skills competition or the allstar game that closle.y

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I enjoy the skills competition mainly, as for the actual All-Star game... it's okay, nothing great, but better than any other sports all-star game.

I'm honestly not that big on Olympics, call me crazy, but I will watch olympic hockey - since hockey is my favorite sport. Ha.

9. Babe_Ruth

Just a couple of questions for you Kons:

Have you ever watched Hockey Olympics in the past?

How many games have you watched in your life(that you remember)?

Care to explain in better detail why you don't like it that much?

10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

A few games here and there. I would say no more than 10, and I don't know if I remember too many of them, other than the one's from this year's Olympics.

Hard to put my finger on it, I guess I don't care to watch teams from countries I have no interest in. Haha. I'd much rather watch the NHL and the players I've grown up watching. And I know a lot of them are playing right now, for whatever country they are from, but it just isn't the same, at least to me.

I do know that it means more than regular hockey and all that, I've just never gotten into it.

I'll continue to watch it though.