During naps/waking up from naps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Feb 19, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Lately I've been a big fan of naps but everytime I do take one, during the naps I have countless dreams...dreams that I can almost control(ex; I dont like the dream I tell myself wake up and I actually do). Also everytime I wake up from an hour nap I feel like crap and I feel twice as tired. The question I have for everyone is do you guys have the same problem while taking naps and waking up from some??

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't nap very often. I have a hard time falling asleep during the day. I do tend to have more vivid dreams while I'm napping though. What you described, if you can control your dreams, those are called lucid dreams. As for feeling like crap afterward, it is because you are napping too long. I've heard you are only supposed to nap for 20-30 minutes.

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Napping is different from sleeping .... so I don't know how you can have dreams while napping.
    I take only 30 minutes naps so it's impossible for me to have dreams during these minutes....
    I feel lazy afterward, though...

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I can nap for only 30 minutes and I'll have about 12 different dreams during that nap...it's the weirdes thing. One time I was taking a nap and I'm not sure if it was dream or not but I couldn't move, I tried to scream for help and couldn't talk and I saw like 10 000 different things go through my head. The thing that is making me thing it wasn't a dream is my dog was sleeping by my side and she was constantly barking and she never barks out of the blue. Scary stuff to say the least.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

When you nap, you tend to go into REM sleep quicker. Which is of course when dreams usually take place. And you remember them better because when you dream during a full night's sleep, you obviously forget the vast majority of them that took place early on. Naps are the perfect time for lucid dreams.

I don't really take naps because I don't feel the need to and like Ech, it's even harder for me to sleep during the day.

Lol, the song 'dreamer' just came on my itunes shuffle.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Depending on what time I went to bed the night before, or how many hours of sleep I got - I am big fan of naps. During the cold winter months, wrapping up in a blanket and clicking some Robot Chicken on usually puts me out within minutes. I tend to overnap though, usually around an hour or 2 - sometimes they have even stretched to sleep-length times and that totally fucks up my schedule.

I do have pretty crazy dreams when I nap, I'm not sure if I have more then or while actually sleeping at night. Probably pretty close to the same amount.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I can't nap but sometimes when I am sleeping I'll suddenly wake up and wonder where the hell I am. It's like I don't remember I went to bed. I just remember the last thing I was doing before I went to bed.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I've done that. It sucks. Haha. I've also woke up when the whole house is pitch black and freaked out a little. But once I gather myself, I'm fine.

9. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

With my sleeping pattern fucked up during the school, I take naps after school which last up to 6 hours and wake up being the grumpiest bloke out and tired as well, so I go back to sleep and get like 15 hour sleep for the whole day. As for the dream controlling, it's not ALWAYS during the naps, I can control them while I am normally sleeping.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Naps shouldn't take too long. The longer it is (but still not long enough to be your regular sleep), the more likely you get a headache upon waking up instead of feeling refreshed.

I also get intersesting dreams when I nap. That's why I like napping.