Dumpster Diving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke1985, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Duke1985

Duke1985 EatsApplePieShitsFreedom

Alright who here likes to dumpster dive?

What kind of cool stuff have you found digging through other people's garbage or do you have a cool (or disgusting) dumpster diving story?

Also who thinks dumpster diving is the most repulsive thing a person can do?

Lets discuss all these things about my favorite sport, dumpster diving.

2. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

I've done a bit myself. I used to find some nice pieces of furniture. Usually what I would do is swap out what furniture I had. Always did that =P

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

If I were to try and dumpster dive around here, I would probably be shot. Bums go through ever dumpster around campus multiple times a week, and they probably wouldn't enjoy me moving in on their territory.

4. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

I've never found anything good while dumpster diving, but that's because we have some real professionals dumpster diving around where I live. I mean those guys will be out there at like 5 in the morning getting all the good shit.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

We've got council pickup here which is a period of a week or so where resident put all the stuff they don't want out on the median strip and what doesn't get picked up by other people get picked up by the council and dumped....you get some pretty good stuff sometimes...my brother and his mate got a couch that we used for parties in the backyard...

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have done it a few times but all the good stuff is usually gone by the time I get to it.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

Yea you gotta be quick...

Another thing me and my mates got were used steel kegs that we turned into bar stools....they were fuckin awesome!

8. Duke1985

At night when little Cesare's closes they take all the hot and ready pizzas, still in the boxes mind you, then throw them all in a big trash bag with only other hot and readies. Wait outside till you see them toss them then grab them up. Then you have like 15 mostly fresh pizzas.

We've fed many a party that way.

Word to the wise they are supposed to dispose of them that way, sometimes they don't though, there is a little tag on the pizza telling you when it was made. Keep an eye on that, I learned that the hard way.

9. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Dude, you had eaten like half of that pizza before I told you it was like a week old. :lol:

10. Duke1985

lol, yeah.
    Another dumpster mishap story is similar. I stopped by the local punk rock party house looking for a friend of mine. He wasn't there but his roomate and his friends had just dumpstered a giant garbage of bagels from Big Apple Bagel.

They are disposed of in a similar fashion as the hot and ready pizzas, in a large garbage bag filled with only bagels, so it doesn't touch other garbage so we don't really have a problem eating it.

Anyway so I drag my case of beer upstairs and I hand out some beers and they hand out some bagels. We're all sitting around having a good time drinking beer and munching dumpster bagels.

Then I heard these dreadful words...

"Anyone else get a fuzzy one?"

You can guess what that means.