Dumbest reason for a break-up

Just like the title asks. What's the dumbest reason you broke up with someone, or the most ridiculous reason you've been dumped?

In 1st grade, my "boyfriend" broke his finger and had a cast on his hand. I remember being disgusted by it and leaving him with both a broken heart and finger. Ahh, young love, true love.:lol:

I also left someone (as an adult) who could have been a wonderful person, but, I couldn't stand the sound of his voice. As long as I could just sit and look at him everything was fine, the minute he started talking though....:shake:

ItsMagick

Registered Member
A girl recently broke up with me over a text message, with the reason being, "you're too available", whatever that means.

AngelsPeak said:
In 1st grade, my "boyfriend" broke his finger and had a cast on his hand. I remember being disgusted by it and leaving him with both a broken heart and finger. Ahh, young love, true love.
I don't think anything's gonna top that reason:lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The two I remember, and they weren't serious relationships obviously (and I was in my early teens):

* The guy talked to me the day I didn't want him to.

We talked daily and it's something I look forward to and enjoy. But one day I just decided I didn't want to talk to him. No reason. So I thought he'd leave me alone. Of course he was curious why I didn't want to talk to him. I just said "Don't worry, we'll just talk about it tomorrow". Then I went to my friend's house and when I came out, he was there in the area waiting for me. I sneaked with my friend to go elsewhere. And in the afternoon, I meet some of our common friends who told me he was looking for me. Then it started raining. I saw him approaching. I ran to hide in a store and he was still running after me. :lol: It was freaky. And I know I looked foolish too. I went home and later that night, my mom told me I had a visitor waiting outside. It's him! So I was annoyed and broke it off that night.

* The guy removed his shoes while talking to me.

No long story about this but somehow I got turned off. His feet didn't smell and he had clean socks but I just have that stuck in my head and despite all the things I liked about him, I felt it wouldn't work out.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
* The guy removed his shoes while talking to me.

No long story about this but somehow I got turned off. His feet didn't smell and he had clean socks but I just have that stuck in my head and despite all the things I liked about him, I felt it wouldn't work out.
:lol: That's worse than a Seinfeld breakup.

Dracglad

Registered Member
Dunno, if this is a reason dumb enough to post here, but I thought it was quite dumb:

My first girlfriend dumped me because I had friends who happened to be female AND it was those friends who introduced me to my girlfriend in the first place. :-o

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think "too nice" is an excuse that a lot of younger females use. As you mature you realize that "nice" is exactly what you should have stayed with in the first place.
Well it was a high school relationship so there ya go. She was an admitted drama queen and I'm the exact opposite of that. We are both very outgoing but I dont like Drama so I avoid it at all costs.

There were times where she would overreact on something just to get into a fight. I probably should have ended it before she could with that ridiculous line.

Sorry I'm so nice to you...weirdo. (Its funny because we're actually good friends to this date...some 8 years later)