• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

'Dumb' thief picks police summit

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
source

A man in the US state of Pennsylvania accused of a robbery at a narcotics police convention has been described as probably the state's dumbest criminal.
Retired police chief John Comparetto was attending the meeting of 300 officers when he was allegedly held up at gunpoint in the men's toilets.
He handed over money and a phone but then he and some colleagues gave chase as the suspect tried to flee in a taxi.

They arrested a 19-year-old man over the incident near Harrisburg.

Mr Comparetto described the suspect as "probably the dumbest criminal in Pennsylvania".

The Associated Press news agency reported that when a journalist asked the suspect for comment as he was led from court, he said: "I'm smooth."
I'm not sure whether to laugh at the idea of someone doing a robbery at a place filled with police or the fact that he declared he's "smooth" after he has been caught. :lol:

This reminds me of other dumb criminals like the one who dug an underground passage to rob a bank (?) but he turned up at a loo or something.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Wow, that really is stupid. The worlds worst place to rob - a place full of cops! :lol:

And then him declaring that he is "smooth" :lol: - Maybe he should try somewhere with less police next time :D

Nibbles

meep
He'll be awarded a Honourable Mention by the Darwin Awards. He isn't smooth, he's stupid.