Dumb Product Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I came across this glass topped pool table image today and got the idea for this thread.

[​IMG]

First of all, felt is used for reasons other than looks. It is optimal for the pool balls to move around on. Not only would glass be loud and obnoxious, but it wouldn't even feel the same as playing on a normal table. The physics would all change. Seems like an absolutely horrible idea to me.

So, what other products have you come across that made you think "Wow that just won't work".

Not to be confused with bad products in general like a stupid exercise item. I'm talking more about variations of existing products that are changed to make them "cooler" or better looking but in the end just make them function worse.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009

2. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Apple computers? Whazam! But seriously, Apple computers.

Mirage likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The G1 Glass Pool Table

So actually, it isn't just glass, it's a fairly high tech take on an old game. :p

I can't stand the snuggie. It's the dumbest invention ever.

4. Mirage

Isn't the Snuggie just a giant blanket? Maybe I am thinking of something else.

Also, that's cool about the glass tables. My bad I guess. :lol: But then again the price tag of $25,000 still qualifies it for the dumb product ideas category. As cool as it would be... no, not spending $25 G's on it.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Green ketchup. Or basically any minor change to an existing product that serves no purpose other than to try to boost sales. Gimmicks. Sadly, they usually cost more than the original product.

6. Mirage

As dumb as green ketchup is, the red stuff isn't any better if you are complaining about the food coloring aspect. Technically real ketchup wouldn't be bright red either. It would probably be more like a salsa color.

They also die oranges orange. Go figure. The real things are more of a yellow color. Then there are apples. They wax them so they look shiny. So you are eating wax when you eat an apple. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  7. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I've always wondered what that waxy feeling is on my apples! Seriously! Ew.

What about when Nasa invented a pen that could write upside-down and in space and all that when they could've just used a pencil? Waste of money!

8. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

9. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

The Flesh Light.

Just google it. NSFW.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

You know thats not actually true. Nasa did not spent loads of money on a space-pen.

A pen stops working when it is upside down because gravity pushes against the direction of ink ............in space there is no gravity so therefore there is no problem of the pen not working, the guys at Nasa knew this.