Dumb laws in your state

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Dumb Laws, Stupid Laws: We have weird laws, strange laws, and just plain crazy laws!

So... what is your state notorious for? I'm not talking about something stupid they don't enforce, but some law that was never taken off the books that law enforcement still enforces. Or that people still obey.

Here in PA we are notorious for our alcohol laws :shake: These are actual laws still in place.

"No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official “beer distributor”.

"All liquor stores must be run by the state".

The catch is you can't buy alcohol anywhere else. Nor can you buy it in the same place.

Other ones that I know are still in effect....

"Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents".

"Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays".

Some of these can't be serious in any way.

"Oral sex can not be given or received anywhere."
"You may not curse inside the city limits."

If only those were enforcable then I'd be surprised.....to see everyone in jail:lol:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Some of these can't be serious in any way.

"Oral sex can not be given or received anywhere."
"You may not curse inside the city limits."

If only those were enforcable then I'd be surprised.....to see everyone in jail:lol:
Thats the thing. They are on the books, but not enforced. I was reading thru a few of them, like in VA i know radar detectors are illegal. So some laws are still legit even tho they are silly.

In Flint, Michigan they've made it a indecent exposure charge for the anyone with their underwear showing with their pants sagging. They are actively enforcing it.

Flint cops crack down on sagging pants | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Its complete and total bullshit if you ask me, especially since Flint has a good amount of crime already now they're filling up the courts with this crap.
They tried the same thing in Maryland and it's failed, their "reason" for it was because it aids in crime.

Cookies

Registered Member
Yeah I live in Pennsylvania too and some of them are still enforced....

You can't sing while taking a bath. :(

But you can in the shower. :D