Movies Dumb & Dumber (Inception Style)

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What if Dumb & Dumber was a corporate espionage movie about breaking into dreams? What if Dumb & Dumber was an adrenaline packed suspenseful thriller? Well, today you don't have to choose. You get both versions!

I put quite a bit of time and effort into these including custom 3D modeling and animation. Take a look and see what you think!

[highlight]Make sure you click through to YouTube to watch these in 720p HD:[/highlight]

This one simply uses the music from the Inception trailer and makes Dumb & Dumber out to be an intense action flick:

YouTube - Dumb & Dumber Trailer - Inception Style (Version 1)

This one is dubbed to the Inception official trailer:

YouTube - Dumb & Dumber Trailer - Inception Style (Version 2)

If you like what you see, please share these with your family and friends. I am going for as many views as possible and am hoping to end up on the YouTube featured videos list.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
    Bliss likes this.

2. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I really enjoyed both of them. They're both real creepy, but I love the twist on changing around a funny movie.

3. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Haha, that was pretty amazing. I enjoyed watching both of those, although I still haven't seen Inception, so I enjoyed the first one a bit more.

Amazingly done.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Dude, those are both really awesome! You're pretty talented. Well done.

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I thought the first one was awesome. The second one wasn't as good but it was obvious that you still spent a ton of time on the editing and it really shows in the overall quality. Awesome job.

6. Mirage

The second one was more or less an afterthought. I did it while I was rendering the 3D footage, which ended up taking a few days longer than I expected. :-/

The first is definitely the one that I like the best.

And thanks for the compliments!

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The first one definitely takes the cake the second one has a lot of distracting dubbed talking that doesn't seem right (understandable of course) the first one is way more creative anyway.

It kinda makes me wish that they had made a serious movie that feels like that the whole time.

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

That was a really awesome idea, Brix. I didn't realise you could do that. I loved the first one. I'm waiting for Justin to get out of the shower so I can show him haha.

You're really talented. Nice work!

9. Mirage

Thanks. I didn't know I could do it either. This was my first attempt at making/editing a movie trailer. I got inspired by some other fan made trailers I saw on YouTube and wanted to try twisting a comedy to make it look intense. :lol:

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's pretty cool Hybrix, I'll definitely show it to some of my friends.

I really like it when people do stuff like this, there's an Uncle Buck fan trailer that as the same concept which I find simply amazing.