Dumars confident he can re-sign Wallace

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Michigan Live - Detroit's president of basketball operations Joe Dumars is confident that the Pistons will be able to re-sign key defensive forward Ben Wallace, according to Michigan Live. Wallace has one the league's defensive player of the year award in four of the last five seasons.

Wallace said his decision on whether to accept the Pistons' offer or sign with another team won't be solely about finances.

"The money (has) never been an issue to me. My whole thing has always been about being secure where you're at, having an opportunity to start a family," said Wallace. "It's always been about being secure."

Detroit could offer him a contract starting at nearly $17 million per season, but he'll likely receive a four-year offer worth about $60 million.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41193/20060630/dumars_confident_he_can_re_sign_wallace/

R

RajaB

tHEY r definitley signing walace again.who else do they have as a center. They have McDyess but he usually plays PF and Ben is one of the best centers in the league. He has great shot blocking and rebounding skillz with FOUR defensive player of the year awards

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bet Dumars is probably kicking himself now that he traded Milicic, because I think Darko would of done a good job in Detroit if given a chance and would come way cheaper. I'm not saying he's better then Big Ben, but he give you some blocks, some rebounds and he can also score.

R

RajaB

Vince Carter said:
I bet Dumars is probably kicking himself now that he traded Milicic, because I think Darko would of done a good job in Detroit if given a chance and would come way cheaper. I'm not saying he's better then Big Ben, but he give you some blocks, some rebounds and he can also score.
I dont think Darko would have ever worked out in Detriot. Even if he had the potential, it would be to late if they wanted to release that potential. Rasheed wont be gon in a while.

M

Midnight

The problem was that Darko wasn't given many chances to contribute. Dumars did himself and Darko a favor by trading him. He pretty much freed up a little bit of capspace so at times like these, he would have money at the ready.

S

scottmcgrady

Detroit should look to re-sign him because he brings a lot of energy to the game and it one of the main players for Detroit, not offensively, but defensively. They should look to sign him as soon as possible yet the money is always an issue.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally think if Darko had minutes then he would of shined, like he did a little bit last season in Orlando, I'm sure that next season Darko will be up the in the league and Blocks, he won't get so many rebounds because Howards is a rebounding machine, but like I aid Dumars is probably regreting ever trading him.

S

shawnesty23

darko didnt really fit in with the pistons style of play. he is a better fit for orlando. ben wallace should go to chicago, i hope he does

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well there's big rumours that he will go to Chicago or Washington I believe either team would improve with him there. I personally don't think he'll be back in a Pistons uniform next season. But I don't understand why you say he's not a good fit for Detroit, he never played so you don't really know.

S

shawnesty23

Vince Carter said:
Well there's big rumours that he will go to Chicago or Washington I believe either team would improve with him there. I personally don't think he'll be back in a Pistons uniform next season. But I don't understand why you say he's not a good fit for Detroit, he never played so you don't really know.
becaus ehes not a defensive player and isnt very physical