Duke Nukem Teaser Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nevyrmoore, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

This week, an official teaser trailer for Duke Nukem Forever was released by 3D Realms.

YouTube - Official Duke Nukem Forever Teaser Video

I know it's a teaser trailer and all, but could someone do me a favour and look out for signs of the impending apocalypse? Thanks.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Man, Duke Nukem Forever's been in development for what, ten years? However, other games left for dead like Prey and Team Fortress 2 have managed to finally be completed in the last couple of years, so this isn't the strangest thing to ever happen.

I don't know, in the interim I think games like Serious Sam have largely replaced Duke Nukem's niche in the gaming market.

3. Nevyrmoore

I think it's probably going to be just an average shooter, relying on the (currently suspect) awesome factor of Duke, and bought only by fans of the originals.

4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I'm not sure that this game has been in development for long enough to warrant a teaser. I'd hate to see them rush it to market. Either way, it looks pretty cool. I look forward to playing it when it gets released sometime in the next dozen years.

5. Sephy

Sephy Forum Drifter

Even though most of the Duke Nukem games aren't great, I still had a lot of fun playing them. It think this one will be pretty good too (as far as Duke Nukem games go). I'm pretty anxious to try it out.

6. Nevyrmoore

I think it's been given a release date of 2056

7. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I found a far better trailer. Unlike the official one, it doesn't get my hopes up about ever seeing the game.

8. Nevyrmoore

Megadeth did a cover of the Duke Nukem theme?

MUST GET!

9. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

Well they have been releasing trailers since 1998 if YouTube is correct, so my hopes aren't going up that quickly. However, I would find it hilarious if the game came out and was fantastic. That would make me laugh.

10. Nevyrmoore

To my knoweledge, last trailer to be released was in 2001. I think, anyway.