• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dubstep

Bliss

Sally Twit
Are you a fan or is it not your cup of tea?

For as long as I can remember I've only enjoyed rock, metal and indie. Recently I have really enjoyed listening to dubstep, particularly remixes. I don't care for the singing but I just love the music.

If you do like it, do you have any recommendations?

I have Lauren to thank for telling me about a Korn and Skrillex mix. Ever since that I looked up Skrillex and now I listen all the time.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I’ve been listening to dubstep for a little over two years now. It’s probably my second favorite genre of music after Classic Rock. I would definitely recommend you check out anything and everything by Mt. Eden and Jakwob – those are the two groups that I think have some of the best beats out there by far. There are a few more like Rusko, Pyroteknik, Jacob Plant etc but with them it’s a hit or miss with most songs. I’ll throw in some tracks with the help of my iPod:

YouTube - ‪Mt Eden DnB - Imogen Heap: The Walk‬‏

YouTube - ‪Ellie Goulding - Under The Sheets (Jakwob Remix)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Mt Eden Dubstep - Sarah McLachlan: Silence‬‏

YouTube - ‪Mt Eden Dubstep - Bat for lashes: Daniel‬‏

YouTube - ‪Tinie Tempah - Wonderman ft. Ellie Goulding (Jacob Plant Dubstep Remix)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Jakwob Remix)‬‏

Yeah, so you get the idea.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I was never much into techno so no surprise, dubstep never appealed to me. According to a friend of mine (who first heard it stoned), it's like music sex. I've only heard one or two Skrillex tracks I actually liked but other than that, it sounds to me like a computer dying.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I had managed to avoid it pretty well up until a few weeks ago. My best friend's new girlfriend likes it, so I've heard more of it lately. Which is not a good thing.

Impact

V.I.P.
Surprisingly, I don't love dubstep all that much any more. I went through a stage of really liking it, but a lot of it just sounds like what I imagine robot sex would sound like. Don't get me wrong, there are some great dubstep tunes out there, but i'll stick to my regular dnb more often than not.

As for recommendations, here's a couple Bliss:

YouTube - ‪Freestylers - Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Modestep - Feel Good (Official Video)‬‏

A more mellow one: YouTube - ‪Modestep - Exile‬‏

A dirtier, heavier one: YouTube - ‪Noisia - Machine Gun (16Bit remix)‬‏

Not exactly dubstep, but it's a mix of metal/electronica that you might like if you liked that Korn one: YouTube - ‪Self Vs Self - Pendulum feat. In Flames‬‏

Also, try out some drumstep although that may not be to your taste. Really kicks in around the 1.40 mark. Basically just faster dubstep: YouTube - ‪Pendulum - Witchcraft (Rob Swire's drum-step mix)‬‏

Basically, if you check out anything from UKF, you're going to be pretty safe.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
The Lights - Ellie Goulding remix is pretty good. I like dubstep, but sometimes it can just be too much. and a bit repetitive. I have some on my workout playlist though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Art & Creative 0
Nevyrmoore Bathroom Wall 2
narwhal123 Music 3