• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DS or PSP

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I would have to say DS for me..I had a PSP and I wasn't all that impressed with it..Plus they break easily and are susceptible to the elements and static electricity.

The DS touch screen is one the best features I have ever seen on a hand held system.
The only thing I don't like about it is the stylus is too small, but you can go and buy a bigger one and attach it to the case.

IMHO the DS is way better than the PSP.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I would have to say DS for me..I had a PSP and I wasn't all that impressed with it..Plus they break easily and are susceptible to the elements and static electricity.

The DS touch screen is one the best features I have ever seen on a hand held system.
The only thing I don't like about it is the stylus is too small, but you can go and buy a bigger one and attach it to the case.

IMHO the DS is way better than the PSP.
The DS has a history of breaking, more than PSP actually. The DS has a really fragile hinge that has had DS owners angry for some time now. I love the touch screen idea, too. It offers a much different experience than the PSP. However, I like that the PSP has stronger graphics (for the more intense games) and the out-of-the-box music, movie, and photo capabilities that the DS doesn't.

Someday I'll buy a DS, but for now I'm enjoying my PSP.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
are you insane, If the hinge crack Nintendo replaces for free. FREE

sure there are always product defects, but hinge cracks do not effect gameplay, its a defect, all products have them. Now if the screen broke, that would be a different story.

Now look at PSP square button defect, where it wouldnt always respond, because it was placed too close to the screen!

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
I don't use the other features a PSP has to offer cause I have a portable DVD player and an MP3 player that works way better than the PSP.

I just like to play games.

I have to agree with you on the hinge thing they get loose fast but if you get the Nerf protector that fixes that problem for good.

I would like to see the screens a bit bigger size for the next DS installment as well as a bigger stylus.

I do like the GAB cover on the new lites..

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't really think that they should have stopped making the original DS systems, they certainly fit in your hands better and it was much better for that.

One thing that really annoys me is how the DS games fit in the case, they barely fit in the designated area and constantly fall out.

They should have kept making the Original sized DS...

cowmok

igh well
im a psp master

i whould definitaly pick psp
her is my list why
1. internet access
2.it plays full umd movies
3.it plays mp4 format videos of the computer
4.it plays music
5.it holds photos
6.it can download pics of the internet
7.there is a main homepage
8.you can get an i pod touch generator (do the research its awesome)
9.it can get an windows vista generator(do the research its awesome)
10.you can change the theam
11.ther is an internet radio player
12.you can play on line via WiFi (free) provided that u have internet acces
13.it has a joy stick
14. bigger screen
15.LCD screen
16.has more mature games
17.you can buy both. Go! cam (psp camera/camcorder) 40$ and a off line GPS 40$
18.you can download free demos. of a pre bookmarked playstation store
19. you can download beats for 4.99 witch has a beat tracking device witch you can use with your own music (basicly ddr with the psp buttons)

hope this changes some of your minds
psp for life
so what ds has 2 screens and one is touch
big deal ^^

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
2.it plays full umd movies
8.you can get an i pod touch generator (do the research its awesome)
9.it can get an windows vista generator(do the research its awesome)
13.it has a joy stick
14. bigger screen
15.LCD screen
17.you can buy both. Go! cam (psp camera/camcorder) 40$ and a off line GPS 40$
19. you can download beats for 4.99 witch has a beat tracking device witch you can use with your own music (basicly ddr with the psp buttons)

hope this changes some of your minds
psp for life
so what ds has 2 screens and one is touch
big deal ^^
That is the new list minus all the things the DS can do as well. The DS can do internet, Wi-Fi, and can use memory sticks like the PSP with a media dock accessory. The main argument that is difficult to ignore with the DS is it's touch screen capability right out of the box. For the PSP, you have to break it's warranty to get the two generators you mentioned.

Both systems can do the following:

- Internet access
- Homebrew
- Music
- Movies
- Photos

The PSP however, is much cheaper when it comes to memory because it's built for it, you don't need a dock. So both systems have strong points, it just matters what you want in a hand held.