Dry Cereal

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Bliss, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

The other day I took some crunchy nut cornflakes to work and I ate them out of a food bag, only to get a funny look from my colleague. He said it was weird and I should eat a bag of crisps if I'm not going to have milk on the cereal. I really despise milk - the smell of it makes me want to vomit so if I have cereal I have to have it dry.

Do you ever do this?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I dry cereal all the time, nothing wrong with it. Multigrain Cheerios, Apple Jacks, Froot Loops, etc.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My daughter (the one who won't let her food touch) only eats her cereal dry even though she loves milk.

I'll eat it dry as a snack, or if I do put milk in it, it has to be a bowl of mush before I like it.

4. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I do this quite frequently with Cheerios.
    ...My daughter enjoys eating dry cereal, too. :)

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

dry cereal makes a decent sweet snack. Better than other sweets because it has lots of vitamins and sometimes even fiber, depending on the cereal.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

I'll eat it if I really want some cereal but have no milk. But it largely depends on the cereal itself. Usually...

Also, Bliss;

Is this just for cows milk, or for all milk?

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Oh it's for all milk. I can't stand the stuff. I mean.. I will have it in porridge because I can't taste it but I can't have anything floating around in it. I don't understand how people can drink it from the bottle.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

NOO. I love milk, and I would never eat cereal on its own even though I love it. Has to be wet. See my 'soggy cereal' thread :lol:

I think it's weird that so many people eat it dry.

Impact likes this.
  9. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I used to eat dry cereal when I was younger, and nowadays I might indulge in it every so often. My flatmate doesnt like milk at all so she eats dry cereal, or puts orange juice in cereal in place of milk.

10. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I despise milk. Cuz I'm Lactose intolerant.... butI used to love it. Then bad gas and explosive diarhea...... DAMN YOU!

Now I am forced to eat it dry, because soy milk blows. I love eating it that way though...... Its delicious...
    ------
    Does she get what the kids called "Hammered?"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010