• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Drunk Wasps a stinging nightmare

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Humanity's worst fear has been realized: wasps are getting drunk. And they're not fun drunks, either.

DRUNK WASPS: Just When You Thought They Couldn't Get Worse
I knew wasps were more aggressive this time of the year but I never realized why until now, they are wasted. Lately I have had them going after me more than usual especially the yellow jackets. All of them seem more likely to try to sting you. I guess one last hurrah before death.

danwiz

Registered Member
Ah, ha! That's why they get more vicious in the fall, eh. Always wondered about that.

When I was living/working in Alaska I noticed that every fall as the berries became overripe after the first heavy frosts that there were a lot of drunken birds flying around. They'd fly right into the windows and knock themselves silly, they'd even mistakenly sit on your head if you were just sitting perfectly still and they approached from behind so that they didn't actually recognize you as a human.

It can be funny as hell with the birds - but they don't sting you!!

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I guess one last hurrah before death.
Do these wasps die after they sting you like bees do?

I've seen a heard of drunk elephants, which is hilarious. But I would not want to deal with a swarm or even one of these drunken wasps. I am petrified on anything with a stinger.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do these wasps die after they sting you like bees do?

I've seen a heard of drunk elephants, which is hilarious. But I would not want to deal with a swarm or even one of these drunken wasps. I am petrified on anything with a stinger.
I'm not sure if they will die after stinging like a bee but the workers will die of old age by the end of summer or early fall.

Jim_Raynor

Registered Member
What?... That is just strange. I never imagined drunk wasps, or even that they could exist. Very sure that these wasps will sting more people. At least most wasps don't carry diseases and even if they do, most people's immune system would just kill the disease off. This could cause some people to do some weird things when they are outside.