• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Drunk driving defended

shelgarr

Registered Member
Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Whilst I appreciate that small businesses may be suffering due to the way the economy is and that people might not be able to make it to bars I really don't see how allowing people to drink and drive to be a good thing. I notice they don't mention in the video or article just how much they consider to be a suitable amount to be punished but the problem I feel is that people may take the attitude of "give them an inch they will take a mile", will we allow people who have been smoking pot to do the same?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I couldn't tell what specific law he was referring to, but I can't see why open container laws exist and consider that 'nanny-state'. What's the difference between drinking 3 beers in a bar and driving below the limit and drinking 2 beers in a bar, one on the road and being below the limit? That's really the only DUI law I know of that I disagree with though.