• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Advice Drugs not prescribed to you

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I was round at a friends on Saturday night and we got talking about various things, primarily the medication I am currently on for depression and anxiety, I told him the kinds I was on and also the levels I am on and that they were did not feel like they were doing a lot of good. He has given me some drugs he has been prescribed for panic and anxiety through giving me beta blockers, I have had a look at them online to try to see if there are any side affects and from what I can gather there are some.

My question is would you take medication that was not prescribed to you? I am tempted to try it for a week to see if it makes a difference. Alternatively I am on early shifts this week and I may take them to my doctors and see what he thinks, what would you suggest?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Your friend is not a doctor, Chris. Do not take medication that isn't prescribed to you. Just because it helped your friend, does not mean it will help you. Take them to your doctor and ask if they would do any good, but you should not take them without their approval.
They could react with what you are taking and do something really bad to you.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
To be honest that is what my thinking was and that taking them was not a good idea. I am going to book an appointment with my doctor and see what he says.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with Bliss some of those drugs can cause a nasty reaction when mixed with other drugs.

I don't know how it is in the UK but here you can get in trouble for giving prescription drugs to someone and you can get in trouble for having them.