• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Driving On The Wrong Side

Dabs

Registered Member
I have often wondered what it would be like if I were to go across the world, and attempt to drive in Cyprus or Scotland, where they drive on the wrong side of the road :lol: Of course, they think we (United States) drive on the wrong side of the road. You got to admit, it would take some getting used to, trying to drive when accustomed to being on the left side for so long. So, do any of you think you could drive on the opposite side of the road than you are normally used to driving on? Or would you have some difficulty?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think I'll have a difficult time with it. It's hard enough to drive on the right side of the road, in a new place.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I know I'm going to have problems with this, lol.

I think when I go on vacation to the states this year with my family it's the first time I'm old enough to drive the hire car. My dad said he'll let me try so I can see how easy/difficult it is to get used to, but I really don't want to because not only is it just the other side, the whole road system in the US is different to the UK. As Belle said, I guess.

I'm sure it wouldn't take THAT long to figure out, but more a case of not killing anyone in the process of getting the hang of it :shifteyes: My dad has been doing it multiple times a year for god knows how many years and even he still makes mistakes on the first day or 2 of driving there.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Being a lefty I think I could get used to the left handed'ness of the UK or Europe or wherever else they do that. I'm sure it would take some getting used too though and honestly I can't say which I would prefer because I've never driven on the left side of any road.

I'm weird in that whenever I'm walking on the road or the hallway at the office I always walk on the right side. I mean, if you do it on the road when not while you're walking as well?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've had a couple of driving lessons this month and I have to say I have been driving all over the road lol. At this point in time I would be able to get used to driving on the right but I can imagine why it would be weird if you had been driving a particular way for many years.