• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Driver avoids moose but hits bear

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A Norwegian driver swerved his car on a rural road to avoid running into a moose, only to hit a bear instead.

Norwegian driver avoids moose only to hit bear
What a case of bad luck for the driver and the bear. The driver was uninjured but they found blood the bear left behind, hope they can find the poor thing and help it. I wonder if it was hunting that moose.

Alta

Registered Member
Well at least the moose is ok. I think the bear would take a hit from the car better than the moose would. I'd imagine the bear would live through that but I don't know. It would be good to know for sure what became of the bear.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I wonder how much damage was done to the car, I can't imagine ever hitting a bear. I hit a deer once, very late at night on a really dark farm road, it jumped out of nowhere. I tried to avoid it but couldn't. I felt like shit because I killed it. It did cause some damage to the my front grill of my truck and my hood had a few dents.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always feel bad when I hit a animal even if there was nothing I could do to avoid it. Sometimes you are better off if you don't, you could have a wreck and get hurt, then sometimes because you do hit it you end up hurt because they go through the windshield.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
No kidding, I know people that has happened to. I know a guy who hit a horse one night and it went through his windshield, he ended up losing control of his car and hit a telephone pole. Luckily for him his injuries weren't too bad. I always feel bad too although it has rarely ever happened to me. I hit a cat once that jumped out in front of me and even though I'm not a cat person, I felt pretty bad.

Wade8813

Registered Member
If I remember correctly, hitting a moose can completely wreck your car since they're so big and often have huge antlers. At least the bear has more padding.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Oh man. They should find that bear and take it to a hospital. i never hit any animals yet with my bike and i really hope i never do unless its a dog chasing me.