Movies Drive-In

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know if you guys ever been to a drive-in movie, but it's a pretty cool experience if you ask me.

I haven't been since I was a kid because most of them have close near my area. But when I was younger use to go all the time and I loved it.

I was wondering if anyone here still goes to drive-in movies, or use to go before. If so did you enjoy it, or you rather watch a movie at home or a movie theater?

Italiano

Film Elitist
One of my life goals before I die is to see a goddamned drive-in movie. God I wish more of those existed. I've never been to one but since the first time I heard of drive-in theaters I've always wanted to watch any one of my favorite movies there.

I intend to reach this life goal sooner or later.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
I've been to a drive in a couple of times.

Also here in the summer we have sessions of cinema down at the beach, in a very big open wide area its awesome.

But nothing replaces the Movie theater for me.

I loved going to the Drive-In as a kid. We had a station wagon so the seats would be folded down and me and my sister would lay in the back with our pillows and blankets to watch it.
There was one drive-in called The Galaxy right by one of the houses we lived in when I was about 8 or 9. We could go down to the end of our street (dead end) and sit there and watch the movies. Of course there was no sound but as a kid, just being able to see R rated movies sound or not was a blast.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
The last movie I saw at a drive-in was either Who Framed Roger Rabbit or Jurassic Park. I forget which came out later. There's only one outdoor screen still standing in this area and it isn't used.Bummer...

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I went to the drive-in a few times as a kid. There is one within driving distance of where I am now, but I haven't been there for quite a while. It's a fun and unique experience, but I think I'd still prefer to see movies in a normal theatre the majority of the time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have the same thing Maikeru on the beach. It's hosted by a radio station, they have a poll of about seven different movies every week and whichever movie gets the most votes is shown at the beach. It's pretty awesome because they've shown some great movies so far. The best being Back to the Future.