• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Drillers illegally using diesel fuel to frack

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A new report charges that several oil and gas companies have been illegally using diesel fuel in their hydraulic fracturing operations, and then doctoring records to hide violations of the federal Safe Drinking Water Act.

Drillers are illegally using diesel fuel to frack, doctoring records to hide violations: report
I can see why they don't want everyone to know their formula for fracking fluid because its polluting our water. They have discovered 33 different companies doing this without a permit. Between 2005 and 2009 about 32 million gallons of diesel or fluid containing diesel has been used for fracking in 19 states.

I'm glad the EPA finally decided to spell it out for them but all that diesel that was already used has done its damage. I wonder how much of it made it into our aquifers. I think clean water is as or more important as oil and gas.

Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That will probaly be the global epitaph - "Killed by trade secrets". If they pollute all the fresh water then there wont be any more people to buy oil. People dont need oil to survive but they cant live without water.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know one thing if I ever move the first thing I will find out before buying or renting is if there has been any fracking within 100 miles. I will not buy or rent a house close to any fracking site. I don't trust the oil companies.