• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Drew McIntyre

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Where is he going? He has seemed to stall, and while the K2 storyline is interesting to say the least, he has stalled since the whole Teddy Long story last year.

This topic stems off of a report that WWE Creative almost had Drew bury the Undertaker at Bragging Rights instead of Nexus.

Thoughts?

Source: McIntyre Storyline Changed, Undertaker & Barrett Plans, More - Wrestlezone.com

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
McIntyre has the look, he has the skills and his stick work is average to be a star in the WWE. He was off to a good start being named "The Chosen One, but then he slowly came back down to Earth. There's been some backstage issue with Drew which is one of the reasons why he's not one of the top guys on Smackdown anymore, but I believe there's still some hope for him.

He's fairly young and he keeps improving himself. I think he'll be World Champion one day, but who knows when that day is actually going to come. I think we'll see how high the WWE are on him at the Rumble, if he's one of the last participants to go out, or he stays in there for 25-35 minutes then I see him being pushed afterwards. In due time he'll get his.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
2011 could be a good year for him. Get it right, WWE!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It would have been awesome to see him helping Kane to bury Undertaker...him vs. Taker at WM would be a program I'd love.

I think he has everything it takes to be a World Champ, and like Biz I think that will come with time. If something backstage did slow that down, it's fine, because his talent will eventually make up for that.

Even though a Diva angle can sometimes seem minuscule, I think this is a good step for The Chosen One. After he was a tag champ with DCR, he was kind of just aimlessly around. Then, all of a sudden, he's in a 4 way dance for the number 1 contender spot...which became a 5 way, if I'm remembering my numbers correctly (it was that first "wow" Smackdown of the year). Now, he's in an angle that has him questioning his character and actions and may lead to a face turn. If not, it has us thinking about that and about his character in general.

I'd say he's on the right track.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Even though a Diva angle can sometimes seem minuscule, I think this is a good step for The Chosen One. After he was a tag champ with DCR, he was kind of just aimlessly around. Then, all of a sudden, he's in a 4 way dance for the number 1 contender spot...which became a 5 way, if I'm remembering my numbers correctly (it was that first "wow" Smackdown of the year). Now, he's in an angle that has him questioning his character and actions and may lead to a face turn. If not, it has us thinking about that and about his character in general.

I'd say he's on the right track.
Look at what I bolded. Face turn? Given his character, I don't know how that could work... I am interested to see if that happens. There aren't enough faces on SD.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Look at what I bolded. Face turn? Given his character, I don't know how that could work... I am interested to see if that happens. There aren't enough faces on SD.
True, we wouldn't know if that would work or not. We haven't witnessed McIntyre as a face yet and it would be interesting if he can keep his intensity as a face.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
True, we wouldn't know if that would work or not. We haven't witnessed McIntyre as a face yet and it would be interesting if he can keep his intensity as a face.
I don't think it is impossible. Drew just comes off as a natural heel like Swagger or Barrett. If he was a face, he might fall off the card entirely.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
We've seen the angle of a heel wrestler with a face girlfriend in the past, such is in the case of Dolph Ziggler with Maria.

In most cases, the heel remains a heel and loses the girl eventually.

They're making Drew look like he really is questioning his character in this case. He seems to really care about Kelly Kelly, and is acting differently than his normal self in showing some remorse (if only because of her scorn). I think the WWE has a chance to pull the trigger on Drew becoming a face...like KSF said, there's a need for faces on Smackdown right now. Drew's in a perfect position to fill that role, even if only temporarily.

I'm just saying that it's a possibility. McIntyre has enough raw talent to do well as a face or a heel. I don't think he's anywhere near falling off of the card...like I said, he was just in a #1 contender's match. Now he's getting weekly matches on Smackdown and a story to go with it. And as far as intense faces, just look at Randy Orton.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think brining him to Raw would help move his career forward? I can think of a lot of wrestlers that he could feud with; Bryan, Morrison and eventually Sheamus(would love this feud) I think maybe that would be his best route at the moment. Sometimes wrestlers just need a change of brand to make him go in the right path.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Do you think brining him to Raw would help move his career forward? I can think of a lot of wrestlers that he could feud with; Bryan, Morrison and eventually Sheamus(would love this feud) I think maybe that would be his best route at the moment. Sometimes wrestlers just need a change of brand to make him go in the right path.
I definitely think that it would have a good effect on Drew's direction...maybe not as big of an impact as a face turn, but still it would result in him getting a bigger spotlight I would hope.

Face/Heel turns can really leave an impression, though. I remember a lot of them from years ago, when done well they create a bigger buzz around a wrestler than a switch to another show. I'd say it gives Drew a bigger chance at a fresh start, but who knows.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 3
V Baseball 2
Millz Wrestling 3
Millz Wrestling 21
viLky Wrestling 2