Dreamer leaves WWE

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't have a source right now since I'm at work, but Tommy Dreamer as asked for his release from the WWE.

I've been a fan of Dreamer since his Old ECW days, he showed so much passion when he stepped into that ring and he took a lot of bumps along the way.

He'll be missed.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll disagree with that, he got a ECW Title push, obviously he wasn't as big as he was on the Old ECW, but that's because he was one of the faces of that company. He knew when he signed with the WWE it wouldn't be the same, but he still put on a heck of a show for the fans each time he stepped into that ring.

Wasn't really an ECW fan nor a Dreamer fan, however I did catch a YouTube video of him recently and he was looking good in the ring.

Possibly going to TNA, Japan, retiring?

Anthony1975

Registered Member
I'll disagree with that, he got a ECW Title push, obviously he wasn't as big as he was on the Old ECW, but that's because he was one of the faces of that company. He knew when he signed with the WWE it wouldn't be the same, but he still put on a heck of a show for the fans each time he stepped into that ring.
Yes he got a push, only because his contract was legitimately running out and Vince didn't want him signing for the opposition. I hope TNA signs him because I think he still has something to offer, perhaps in the way of Hardcore type matches with Raven, Stevie Richards and Abyss.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
He was only good for a hardcore match in all honesty, otherwise he wasn't that great in the ring.

I don't blame the guy, he's been going no where in the WWE since he joined, so good luck to him with whatever he does in the future.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I hope he doesn't join CZW. Dreamer shouldn't have to destroy himself at this stage in his career and CZW is an awful company. Supposedly, one WWE souce thinks Dreamer is indeed headed to TNA

As reported earlier, Tommy Dreamer, who re-signed with World Wrestling Entertainment this past summer, handed in his notice to company officials over the weekend. Regarding his future prospects in the wrestling industry, according to Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online -- WWE, TNA, UFC and International Wrestling and MMA Headlines - Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online, the former ECW champion “will almost certainly be heading to TNA.”

As a matter of fact, one WWE source told Figure Four Weekly they expected him to debut on the live episode of iMPACT! on January 4, 2010 — although it’s been indicated by the Pro Wrestling Torch that he has the standard no-compete clause in his contract and thus will not be available for ninety days.

Dreamer, whose real name is Thomas James Laughlin, will go down as the last old-school ECW performer to be affiliated with the WWE version of the brand.
Personally i think Dreamer is something that TNA doesn't need. And if he does go there i can't see him being used very much. Though i guess some people wouldn't mind seeing Tommy Dreamer vs Cactus Jack one more time, i wouldn't really want to.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've always liked Tommy but was never a huge fan. Sounds like he's well liked backstage and is a good employee.

I dont think he's the type of guy TNA should target to wrestle that much but maybe he'd be a nice mouthpiece for someone.