• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Dreamcast

padd

Registered Member
Who had 1 of these? I didn't, but i've played Sonic Adventure on it once or twice. And why'd it go bankrupt.. it seemed pretty good to me.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
It went under because of Sega's failure with the Saturn and programming difficulties.

The Dreamcast was awesome, I still have mine.

The Dreamcast went down because of a lack of marketing by Sega. And Sega never really launched the console in Belgium and the Netherlands because they had a dispute with some shops. (Only a minor thing but still)

I really liked this console and I'm gonna buy one of these someday. Probably in the summer when I got more time and cash.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I played Dreamcast once or twice.

I REALLY hated the behemoth controller.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The controller was a major failure, I hated it too.

padd

Registered Member
The Dreamcast went down because of a lack of marketing by Sega. And Sega never really launched the console in Belgium and the Netherlands because they had a dispute with some shops. (Only a minor thing but still)

I really liked this console and I'm gonna buy one of these someday. Probably in the summer when I got more time and cash.
do they still even sell them:confused:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
You can buy them around at used game stores or Ebay.

padd

Registered Member
i've been really curious about this console though... it was rlly good.. best graphics of it's time.. i wanted to get 1, but i nvr did. good thing, im sure alot of ppl mustv been pissed if they bought it cuz if im not mistaking wasnt there only 1 or 2 good games on it lol