• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dream Job - What Would It Be?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I swear if I could make the same amount of money I make being the garbage man, I would do it without thinking twice.

No lie, My dream job is riding on the back of the garbage truck cleaning cans.

Maybe it just comes from working 15 hours a day - I'm getting burned out and need a fun, uncomplicated job.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I totally hear that. I've had some very complicated jobs in the past and my goal was always to find a simpler job that paid more. That's hardly ever a realistic thing to look for though.

Like you said, being a garbage man isn't the best pay but actually they make a lot of money compared to minimum wage.

Here's an interesting find:

WikiAnswers - How much money does a garbage collector earn

According to that link above, they make $12-18 an hour on average. In NYC they make $80 grand a year and in Florida they make about $35k a year. Not bad for an uncomplicated job. You definitely won't have high stress levels that's for sure.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'll bet the guys in NYC make a little on the side in the neighborhoods Tony Sopranos hangs out in. I would think carefully disposing of a dead body is an art form. lol.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I can't believe anyone would WANT to sit in an office as their dream job. I don't care if you're making $10 mil a year. Are having 10 cars, 5 houses, and 100 plasma TVs in every room really worth having a miserable job?

My dream job is a marijuana tester.

pantherace

Registered Member
I can't believe anyone would WANT to sit in an office as their dream job. I don't care if you're making $10 mil a year. Are having 10 cars, 5 houses, and 100 plasma TVs in every room really worth having a miserable job?

My dream job is a marijuana tester.
I agree. I would rather just get by than have a job that was not something fun for me. A "dream job" for me has nothing to do with income, but something I would enjoy doing and be proud to say what my career was. Paperwork, phone calls, cranky customers, and corporate management isn't worth the money for me, but maybe for some people that fits their personality...but who would take that over something else if they could choose?

If you ever get a job as marijuana tester, I have to know the details and where I can apply!

RenewalVentures

Registered Member
OK ... it's a job just a short walk away from my house. I get total creative control. I have the best and brightest co-workers, who seek me out for further inspiration, and consider me to be the whiz-kid. I have a company car with free access to a gas pump at work. I get sent to developmental courses twice each year in the most attractive places on earth. We have the hottest products and services in the industry, and magazines keep doing profiles on our CEO, considering the CEO to be a visionary and major philanthropist in the community. The CEO send me personal e-mails on a regular basis just to get a "reality check" from time to time on the company's strategy. I receive huge bonuses each year, and my biggest problem is finding deserving charities to receive my bonus as a donation, because my base salary is already "through the roof." Everybody in the company is doing so well that we have a long waiting list of highly-skilled applicants, and our work culture transforms new employees into teammates, because the company's compensation plan rewards collaboration.

My job: C.D.O. - Chief Dreaming Officer