Drawers or Shelves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smelnick, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

When I was growing up, I always had to put my clothes in drawers. I hated it, I hated having to pulling open drawers to put clothes away and stuff. It took forever. So now that I can choose for myself, I use shelves to store my clothes. I like it, I can see all my clothes, and it's easier to grab something from the bottom without messing stuff up.

So which do you prefer, and why? Or do you have another third option that you use?

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

My bedroom floor....

Actually, I use some hodge-podge system of my floor, a closet, and a dresser. I've never really thought about using shelves instead.

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

my wardrobe? :shifteyes: that's definitely my favourite way to deal with clothing.

But yeah, I use drawers too. And I know what you mean by it being a pain sometimes. Mine end up really messy because I often root around in there and just shut it before the sight of it being unorganised gets on my nerves.

I've never really known anyone to have shelves for clothes before. Unless it's a compartment in a wardrobe.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I've never known anyone before now to store their clothes on a shelf. I either use my wardrobe or drawers. I know it would be nice to see your clothes and grab them quick but I like them to be put away. I think I'd feel annoyed seeing them on a shelf. It would look odd. The only things I store on a shelf is CD's and DVD's.

5. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Third option. I use heating and water pipes.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I hang all my shirts up because I don't like them folded, even t-shirts. I also hang my pants up except for jeans which are folded in the drawer. Shorts are in the drawer folded too.

7. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

This. Although I recently tidied my floor from clothes and can now see the carpet, there are still heaps of clothes in places. Oh, and the washing basket. It's very rare for me to transfer my clean clothes into drawers from the washing basket.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I use both. Actually, drawers are convenient because I can see it from above and pick what I want. With shelves, there can be clothes behind another pile which is harder to access. I tend to pick whichever is nearest the shelf edge/opening.

9. Psyco

Psyco Food Whore

I don't really have a set of shelves easily accessible in my room (dorm or home), so i just use drawers. I hang all my pants/shorts, and dress shirts/shirts that aren't tshirts in my closet though... Need them all "pristine" for work.

10. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

My clothes are on the hangers in the wardrobe because sister is a neat freak and doesn't like my clothes ruffled up and fucking irons them every week. I prefer it on the hanger because it's easy to pull off rather than going through the pile on the shelf looking for that specific item.