• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"Drama"

Bliss

Sally Twit
So this is a serious question. And I am not trying to add more fuel to the fire...

I am not looking for attention at all. I just want a bit of honesty.

It seems lately that whenever I voice my opinion there is always someone trying to be a smartass with the 'drama llama' pictures. Quite frankly it gets to me. I feel like the majority of you are implying that it is always me. Whenever I speak my mind people always make remarks. I don't see it done to anybody else.

Should I GTFO?

If I am making GF an unhappy place for people then I'd like to know. Because honestly I am not willing to change. I like to speak my mind. I always have done.

Very recently I've had a friend tell me I went too far with something and even though it upset me I liked that they were honest enough to tell me about it.

I am a bitch at times. I am too honest sometimes.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Bliss, you once admitted to me that you take things personally quite often and I think that's all it is.

Just learn to mellow out a bit and let the people you don't like to get what's coming to them. Sure, they're going to piss you off, they're going to get you mad but getting mad back just gets your ass in trouble and doesn't stop them.

I've been trying and for the most part succeeding (I believe) in mellowing out a bit and not letting things get to me so I understand it.

Just take a breath and have a schlick.

You'll be fine.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
People like to toss the word "drama" around when other people are being real or speaking their minds.

I love you just the way you are, Amy, and I would be sad if you left.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
People like to toss the word "drama" around when other people are being real or speaking their minds.
True, but people also have trouble understanding when "speaking their mind" becomes "obnoxious whining" (not aiming at you Bliss, just speaking in general terms here) and insist that because it's simply what they believe, they should be exempt from any wrongdoing.

I don't think people want you to leave Bliss. I do think however that people know you as someone who gets fired up fairly easily (and have heard several admit such a feeling). Maybe you can just work to change that? You're certainly allowed to get mad at someone but you control the degree.

I basically learned the same thing and I haven't perfected it, but I think I'm doing better.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
True, but people also have trouble understanding when "speaking their mind" becomes "obnoxious whining" (not aiming at you Bliss, just speaking in general terms here) and insist that because it's simply what they believe, they should be exempt from any wrongdoing.
I don't disagree. Sometimes it does degenerate into drama, but not as often as the drama llama gets tossed around. poor guy. he just wants to eat some hay.

I don't think people want you to leave Bliss. I do think however that people know you as someone who gets fired up fairly easily (and have heard several admit such a feeling). Maybe you can just work to change that? You're certainly allowed to get mad at someone but you control the degree.

I basically learned the same thing and I haven't perfected it, but I think I'm doing better.
I've noticed. :)

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'll be honest Bliss. You voicing your opinion is great. More members need to do that. I don't honestly know why people have issues with that. The only thing I've ever seen that causes issues is your need to have the last word. (Same thing used to apply to you as well Cons). Alot of situations could easily have been resolved simply with you not replying to someones snarky comment, or baiting comment. (This could also go for a lot of other people maybe). If you don't reply to bait, they can't keep it going, and thus there's no fight.

That's the only thing I know of.

Impact

V.I.P.
I kind of want to add on to what Cons was saying. You're entitled to get worked up and mad over issues, especially when it may seem that you are being targeted by certain members. One thing i've noticed is that you retaliate to those comments towards you and that for me is when it turns from heated discussion to drama, and perhaps why the 'drama llama' gets bought up around you. As frustrating as it may be to just ignore those baiting remarks, that's exactly what you need to do. I think if you work on that then it might be a little calmer. That's how I see it at least.

EDIT: Oh, Danny kinda beat me to it.

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
(Same thing used to apply to you as well Cons)

I kind of want to add on to what Cons was saying. You're entitled to get worked up and mad over issues, especially when it may seem that you are being targeted by certain members. One thing i've noticed is that you retaliate to those comments towards you and that for me is when it turns from heated discussion to drama, and perhaps why the 'drama llama' gets bought up around you. As frustrating as it may be to just ignore those baiting remarks, that's exactly what you need to do. I think if you work on that then it might be a little calmer. That's how I see it at least.

EDIT: Oh, Danny kinda beat me to it.
And not to point fingers, but like other members Bliss sometimes you are the one dropping bait lines and that will also cause more trouble to start up. I'll be honest and say I can't stand MD these days and it's because of all the baiting and general prejudice that doesn't get handled. It's been hard to ignore some members but I've done it lately and I enjoy myself on GF a lot more because I don't have that shit dripping down my back window, you know?

Wade8813

Registered Member
It seems lately that whenever I voice my opinion there is always someone trying to be a smartass with the 'drama llama' pictures. Quite frankly it gets to me. I feel like the majority of you are implying that it is always me. Whenever I speak my mind people always make remarks. I don't see it done to anybody else.
You do have a reputation for being involved in drama. Some of it is just because you're friends with people, and THEY got caught up in drama, and you move to defend them. And that's a good thing (obviously depending on how it's handled).

Although part of it is because you sometimes hold a grudge, and let the hostility spill over into unrelated threads - which isn't a good thing.

Also, people like throwing around the "drama llama" at anything that remotely resembles potential drama. They think it's fun. It doesn't necessarily mean any drama's occurred yet.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Bliss, voicing your opinion (which is great) and taking things way personally are 2 different things.
I like the fact that you're honest and there's nothing wrong with that but what's wrong is that sometimes you misunderstand people's intentions and take them personally when there's nothing to be taken personally.
You also don't seem to give people a chance. If there's someone you don't like in the beginning, you'll hardly like them afterwards. I had you admit that to me once in chat, remember?

With that said, I don't think you should go over the top and say "Should I leave the forum?". You know that's not a reason to leave the forum and you know we don't want you to do that.

Just try to realize what you do wrong from time to time and try to improve it so that it won't lead to arguments.

Also, you don't have to think that every "drama llama" picture is about you. See?? You take it personally.
Because if you think that is for you, then it means you know there's possibly a reason why it could be for you lol. ..

Anyway, just relax and see things with a more open mind.
And if it happens that everyone is saying "no" nowadays, still it's not something to be taken seriously. Let's just say it was a bad week or period and get over it.