Dragonball Z is gonna get a huge revamp!

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Clear_Note, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Not going to lie. This is really pretty awesome. I wonder if they will dub it to English at the same time? It seems to me that there's too much money in it to NOT do that. Do you know if it will be redone in English also?

Forget the DragonBall: Evolution movie. I'd get much more excited about this.

I am looking forward to seeing how this ends up looking.

3. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

Yep.

It's very, very likely that they will dub it to english. This is gonna be huge, Funimation will definitely try to get this.
    IMO, Dragonball the movie is nothing more than an american fanfiction brought to the big screen.

4. Mirage

I could care less about the movie now. It looks ridiculous to be honest and this is much more exciting. I have always been bugged with how cheesy the animation was compared to some of the newer stuff.

I'd also be in favor of Funimation getting ahold of this. I'm happy with the voices they did (especially the redone versions) and I think they would do a good job. I would be bummed if all of the voices ended up being different due to some other studio getting the rights and hopefully the creators will consider that as well when choosing who to sell it to.

5. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Whats with you guys and dubs. :rolleyes:

6. Mirage

Does it matter though? I mean if the dubs are done right it's easier to watch it dubbed than read subtitles every second. I hate that.

I have a problem with the supposedly redone DBZ already...

New:

[​IMG]

Old:

[​IMG]

What? Changing the saturation on my TV would have done the same thing... Is this some joke?

YouTube - DRAGON BALL KAI

It looks exactly the same. I thought they were redoing stuff.

They should have redrawn everything from scratch if you ask me. I mean.. look at the samples so far... do you notice anything worth re-releasing it?

7. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

Well I like subs personally I watch most of my anime subbed. There are few series out there that have great dubs and those series I watched dubbed. Dragon Ball I usually watch dubbed mostly because I started watching dbz on toonami and that is what I'm used to. So yeah a new dub would be interesting, but chances are if and when funimation gets it they will probably use the same voice actors they are using now on dbz for there blu ray remaster would my guess, but I really don't care. Regardless of how much or how little they improve on the series I'll be happy with them just taking the filler out and shortening the series. ^_^

8. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

Its like going to an italian restaurant and eat a burger... takes a great porportion of themeaning.

Besides im yet to see a good dub, if you only imagine the amount of content that was adulterated in DBZ episodes by the american version (all all the other versions for that matter)

But ok, its a preference

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I heard they were making it in HD and re-airing it, and if it is still a big hit AT will make a new series that will override GT! :spin:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  10. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I seriously doubt that. =/

And I was really expecting this too have the same visuals as the little Dragon Ball thing they released recently last year... but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

That's a shame, because I really liked the animation in that. It made DBZ look all fresh and new... to me. =P

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009