NES Dragon Warrior?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nanner, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I know....I think? I spelled that wrong. Anyone besides me love those games? Then all of a sudden they went :::poof:::

2. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Dragon Warrior was the 'american name' of the series of Dragon Quest games... 1-4 were released on the NES under the dragon warrior title. The rest I believe are under quest.

the series is still being made... Dragon Quest 8 is going to be released soon on the PS2

3. Pianobone

Pianobone Registered Member

Very good series, although I haven't played any of the newer games. Just the old NES classics.

4. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

I only played the original one. Good game. Didn't follow the series though. I think the highlight of that game was going to Rimuldar (or something like that) and sneaking in there to buy keys on the lowest possible level to open up all the hidden chests around the beginning areas, and then trying to sneak down to Hauksness to get the best armor in the game in the destroyed village. And then there was that whole cursed belt in the cave that you had to go back and remove before it killed you OR sell it somewhere for big bucks (can't remember where though). The Dragon Lord was a big letdown though. The picture on the cover of the game made him look much more formidable than he actually was.

5. Gamechamp

Gamechamp Registered Member

Thank you! You told me what the first Dragon Quests were. Now I can try to play them and get an idea on what 8 will be like.

6. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

I know I've played the NES version, but I can't remember it at all. I didn't own it, but a neighbor of mine did.

7. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

Ah, Dragon Warrior. Such a great series back in the day. I played all of the ones on the NES, but barely remember them at all. The first one was really hard. I know I got to the final boss, but never defeated him.

8. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  9. Eilt_Druin

Eilt_Druin Registered Member

I vaguely remember it. I think I only saw a portion of one or two episodes. It was on at some weird time when I could never catch it.

10. martyclark15

martyclark15 Registered Member

omg i loved that game! i played it all the time back in the day. I've only ever made it a little bit past that one town after the cave with the green dragon. was i ever close to winning?