Draft Predictions

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Jun 10, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Post your predictions on the draft here. Let's see who comes closest to getting it right once it starts. You can also list your reasons why you want them to go to a different brand as well.

Going TO RAW:
    + MVP - I think he'll be going to RAW since WWE has a reputation of taking good wrestlers from SmackDown! and bringing them to RAW for a build.
    + Deuce - I think either Deuce or Domino is going to RAW. They're going nowhere on SmackDown! and the WWE is probably planning something for one of them.
    + Shelton - He deserves better than ECW. I think he'll either be drafted to SmackDown! or RAW.
    + Jamie Noble - Filler?

Going TO SmackDown!:
    + Carlito - It would be nice if they put Carlito on SmackDown! He just seems to fit there better than RAW.
    + Jeff Hardy - Do something good with Matt and give him Jeff. Have them form the Hardy Boyz again.
    + CM Punk - I know, Punk seems like a die hard ECWer. Maybe he'll cash in his MitB on Edge or something. I dunno.
    + Randy Orton - He's injured now and it could be a good move to put him on SmackDown! for a future feud against somebody.

Going TO ECW:
    + Chuck Palumbo (?) - He seems to fit better on ECW than SmackDown!
    + Cryme Tyme - Some tag team power.
    + Rey Mysterio - Either RAW or ECW is my guess.
    + John Cena - Put him on ECW to have him re-build. lol

You?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

First off let's not put the Hardy Boys back together. No need to DE-push them. Matt is the United States Champion...he doesnt need to waste his time with pointless tag matches. Ok now that that's outta the way...

RAW:

(1) Elijah Burke: Whether its Raw or SD, Burke needs a different direction than what hes got right now.
    (2) Rey Mysterio: Dont forget hes around. I think WWE has wanted to move him to Raw for some time...now it would make sense and he can fill in where HBK leaves.
    (3) Chuck Palumbo: I think Chuck is moving somewhere...I'll guess Raw.
    (4) Mike Knox: Knox is proving that he's improved in the ring...move him and see what he does.
    (5) Kofi Kingston: Might be a little premature on this one but I think Kofi would do wonders fighting for the IC belt.

Smackdown!:

(1) Umaga: He's kind of run his course on Raw and needs something different. He'll be right in the main event on Smackdown.
    (2) Lance Cade: They are going to need to separate Cade from Murdoch and since Cade is a bigger prospect they need to put him on SD! and let his skills shine.
    (3) CM Punk: I couldnt decide to pick Raw or Smackdown but I went with Smackdown just because he has a history with Edge. Its time to finally put Punk on one of the bigger shows.
    (4) Carlito: I'm sure he's going to go somewhere since he's still doing nothing on Raw. He needs to be moved...again.
    (5) Shawn Michaels: Here's my surprise pick. If Jericho didnt have the Intercontinental title I woulda picked him. Someone big has to move and I think HBK would be more likely to approve a change over Triple H. This probably wont happen but a boy can dream.

ECW:

(1) Super Crazy: Former ECW original...bring him home.
    (2) Charlie Haas: The dude aint doing nothing.
    (3) Finlay: Bring him over to do what Benoit didnt. Be a veteran leader and help the kids grow.
    (4) Mark Henry: Fight Kane for the title...might finally get a decent push outta it.
    (5) Santino Marella: ECW needs some comedy relief outside of Mike Adamle and his terrible catch phrases.

3. Unity

Unity Chett Chetterfield Staff Member

These are some pretty bad guesses...hard to think of possibilities.

RAW:

(1) The Undertaker - b/c SD has enough faces.
    (2) Domino - A new gimmick (or no gimmick) and a roster change could give this guy a chance at bigger success.
    (3) CM Punk - It's about that time. Good fit for RAW.
    (4) Elijah Burke - Doesn't have a huge place on ECW now, and deserves a good midcard push.
    (5) The Miz - I was torn against whether the current team would break up, but it seems possible. Hoo-Rah!

Smackdown!

(1) Umaga - What Millz said.
    (2) Shelton Benjamin - Let's put the gold standard in a feud for the US title!
    (3) Shawn Michaels - again, I like Millz' perspective on this one.
    (4) Santino Marella - I dunno...good place for him.
    (5) Trevor Murdoch - For some reason, I'd like to see Murdoch on SD! and Cade remain on RAW with the "big boys."

EC-Dub:

(1) Snitsky - He doesn't fit in on RAW. Team him with Knox or something.
    (2) Charlie Haas- I guess a possibility would be him backing up Benjamin if he stayed on ECW.
    (3) Chuck Palumbo - ?
    (4) Super Crazy - ECW original. Makes sense.
    (5) Rory McAllister - The Highlanders are a good team but are underutilized. Maybe he could find a new role on ECW...he has potential.

4. Millz

One question...

Why Rory McAllister and why Domino?

5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I had the same thing with Deuce/Domino. They have a fantastic gimmick, but the WWE isn't giving them a push. And as of late, you see them having pushing matches after they lose. That, to me, hinted that one of them might be drafted to another brand.

6. Unity

You know, I'm not sure. I could have gone either way.
    ------
    I agree with everything there...except change the word "fantastic" to "horrible." :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

[SARCASM] You're insane! You seriously didn't like it? [/SARCASM] -I thought the 50's music along with their gimmick was unique. The other tag teams on SmackDown! seem so... ugh... average. Festus & Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore and... are there any more?

Com' on, don't you like seeing Cherry rolling out on her skates? :lol:

8. Millz

Does Cherry still come out on skates now that she's separated from Deuce and Domino? Honestly I dont think either one of them are that good. The gimmick is okay but in the ring I'm just not impressed.

Also, I dont want MVP on Raw...he's going to get lost there and his pushes will suffer as a result.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I agree. I think he'll turn out like how Carlio did when he was drafted. I just put him on the list since WWE has a habit of taking the guys I liked off SmackDown! and putting them on RAW. I do hope he stays on SmackDown! and gets a push for one of the titles.

10. Unity

I really don't. It's not the worst thing ever, but I'm just not sold on a couple of guys pretending they're from the 50s for no reason. That's too much like the early 90s, which ruled at the time but isn't relevant now. That era was like "here's the cop wrestler, here's the lawyer wrestler, the mountie wrestler, the army guy, etc."