Draft is next week..

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well the 2009 WWE Draft is next week, what do you expect?

Rumours have it that a lot of the main guys from Smackdown will be going to Raw.

I also see Christian moving to Smackdown or Raw, he wont be staying on ECW thats for sure. If he does it's pretty stupid in my opinion.

Thoughts?

2. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Judging by last year's draft, this should be pretty interesting. I'd like to see Christian go to Smackdown and Jack Swagger go to an Oklahoma appliance warehouse.

3. Babe_Ruth

I also see John Morrison and Miz being split up especially that Carlito and Primo won the tag teams unification match last night at Wrestlemania 25. I think it would be a good move for both wrestlers especially Morrision, especially if he sticks on Raw.

4. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Yeah they were the first two things that came to my mind aswell, Christian and at least Morrison, if not both him and the Miz, leaving to a bigger brand. I'll miss the team of Miz and Morrison but i can see Morrison getting a huge push which i can't wait for.

Apart from that... I think it was mentioned before that McMahon wanted to 'beef up' raw, and i think one way Raw could improve if the gimmick/novelty superstars (Santino, Goldust) and the kids' favourites (Cena, Mysterio) move away to Smackdown/ECW. In exchange i wouldn't mind seeing people like Morrison, MVP and Shelton Benjamin come to Raw.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Is there still a brand extension? I forgot that even existed! :)

Had Rey not won the IC title I woulda said he was moving. I think Edge, Jericho and Christian are good bets to change.

6. Ryuk

Ryuk Registered Member

Well this is what I hear is the gameplan for the draft:

LordsofPain.net Plans For WWE Draft On April 13

7. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Sooo the brand extension is non-existant then?

I mean with one set of tag titles it's all starting to make sense.

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

Seems to be the direction they're taking. Especially if the rumours that Batista is on the road to uniting the World Championship and the WWE Championship at next year's Wrestlemania are true, though it's a bit early for rumours on next year's WM.

Personally i'd love it if they did lose the brand extension. I was never a fan of it and i think things would improve if superstars were free to appear on both brands. It creates so much more possibilities in terms of matches, storylines, everything.

9. Babe_Ruth

I am a fan of the Brand extension because it gives mid-carders some television time to shine. Who knows how good Miz and Morrison would be if there wasn't a brand extension? They might not be with the company. Should be interesting to see Monday Night Raw next week.

10. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I think stars like Miz & Morrison would have made it where they are now either way, brand extension or not. And Morrison willbe headlining Wrestlemania in years to come brand extension or not.

I think though if there wasn't a brand extension we'd get to see the mid carders get MORE tv time, or at least the mid carders worth showing. I'd like to see Dolph Ziggler wrestle R-Truth or Evan Bourne, but they're all on different brands. Which means they end up wrestling the same superstars repeatedly or wrestling superstars who nobody really wants to see like Khali, Mark Henry or Ezekiel Jackson.

If the superstars were free to appear on any show superstars would get more of a chance to shine in a variety of matches. It might take them a bit longer to get to the stage where they're performing on TV but that can be helped by trimming the fat (no pun intended in terms of Mark Henry :p) I think one brand would just result in an all round more entertaining, better product.