Draft Day is here

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM.com - After months and months of jockeying by players, agents, GM's, pundits and fans, our final 2006 NBA Mock Draft has arrived. Draft day 2006 could be one of the most memorable because everything is up in the air, even Allen Iverson, but RealGM attempts to bring it all together, no matter how futile that might be.

In this mock, we have Andrea Bargnani going to Toronto, followed by Tyrus Thomas to Chicago, Adam Morrison to Charlotte, Rudy Gay to Portland and Shelden Williams to Atlanta.

Click on the following link to read the remainder of our Draft Day Mock Draft.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41138/20060628/draft_day_has_finally_arrived/

2. Babe_Ruth

Toronto Sun - Raptors president/general manager Bryan Colangelo will accept calls today, but according to a report by the Toronto Sun he won't be listening to offers for the first pick in the NBA draft tonight unless they contain specific elements.

A trade appears unlikely considering the Raptors want an All-Star in return for the pick should no pick be included in the deal, and if a pick comes back to Toronto Colangelo also wants a very good player. So far no one is biting.

The candidates continue to point to either LaMarcus Aldridge or Andrea Bargnani. Colangelo never mentioned Aldridge's name in a 20-minute news conference yesterday, but continued to mention Bargnani's frequently.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41158/20060628/colangelo_willing_to_listen/

3. scottmcgrady

scottmcgrady Guest

If you go on ESPN, you can watch interviews and other videos for the NBA draft tonight.

4. Kobe101

Kobe101 Guest

I wonder who the Lakers will draft. I dont know where we need help at! but if theres a better pg then Smush,go ahead and draft him. But then that creates problem with 4 PGs!

5. Hangtime15

Hangtime15 Guest

I just hope whowever Raps pick, they make playoffs next year!

6. McLaren

McLaren Guest

they need a solid PG and a good inside presence

7. Babe_Ruth

8. Midnight

Midnight Guest

Weird decision by the Hawks. I hope they didn't make a horrible draft mistake. Who did the Hawks workout?

9. RajaB

RajaB Guest

toronto raps wont make the playoffs next year...i think they will make it 2 years from now....they were one of the worst teams in the nba and there is a tiny percent that they will make it to the playoffs

10. Babe_Ruth

I think they will make the playoffs next year, I think their going to have a breakthrough season, with all the changes they made, and the two good players they got in the draft, and there's a big rumour going on that Colangelo will make a huge trade to get a point guard, so I see the Raptors skizzing in the playoffs next season.