• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

DRAŽEN PETROVIĆ

• Thread starter profound dreamer
  • Start date
P

profound dreamer

Well, how do you guys in America think this days about our legend, one and only DRAZEN?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The guy is a legend here's what I can tell you about him if you guys don't know who he is.

Drazen was arguably the greatest european player of all time. he lead Real Madrid of Spain to the final four of the European Club Champianchips. Even at a young age Drazen had a gift to score. It wasn't uncomman for him to score 60 or 70 points in games as a junior. He quickly rose through the ranks and signed a multi million dollar contract at a young age with Real Madrid.

Drazen was drafted by the Portlant Trailblazers of the NBA in the third round of the 1986 draft. He spent his first years as a backup who saw little playing time. He was unhappy and eventually was traded to the New Jersey Nets were he became a star. He went on to have his best year with the Nets finishing 10th in the NBA in scoring while averaging better than 20 points per game and being selected 3rd team All-NBA, the highest by a European player ever. A tragic car accident a year later ended a great career and a great life.

It's a shame that he passed away so young.

P

profound dreamer

Yes, a real loss for all of us !

He was great worker, some say he could work(train) for 10h a day!!!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well every basketball player when they were younger trained 10 hours a day and take over 1000 shots a day, so that is not very impressived , but he had a lot of basketball skills and you cannot deny those, he was a great player and a better person.

P

profound dreamer

Vince Carter said:
Well every basketball player when they were younger trained 10 hours a day and take over 1000 shots a day, so that is not very impressived , but he had a lot of basketball skills and you cannot deny those, he was a great player and a better person.
Well I really wouldn't say that every young player shot shoots 500 shots before school (in the morning) every day etc.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No but what I meant is that people who really loved the game, and their goal was to make it to the big dance, then yes they played basketball for 10 hours a day and shot over 1000 balls a day. For one example look at Pistol Pete Maravich he used to train everyday, and the way he use to practice is dribbling is that is dad would be driving really slow and he would open the window and driblle the ball up and down from inside the car, that's insane.

P

profound dreamer

yea, that's true even though I haven't heard that one about Pete (sorry if spelling or gramatics are wrong, I do my best ! ) ... Pistol is great, but did you know that Dražen used to stay in gym after a loss shooting and shooting.... that's also one of the facts...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Hockey 5