• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you are a "tetris" fan, you have GOT to try this game. It's by far the most addictive "falling puzzle" game I've ever played. You can play 1 on 1 mode with another human player. Each time you destroy beans on your side of the screen, rocks fall on their side. When you destroy beans in a chain reaction, you send rows of rocks to your opponent, based on how big your chain reaction was.

It's kind of hard to explain, but seriously, it's by far the best game of it's genre.

Re: Dr. Robotnic's Mean Bean Machine

This game is awesome. The story mode is a bit weak, as in it's just not that fun to play, but two-player mode is crazy fun.
Did you ever notice how absolutely insane Dr. Robotnik is? He makes all sorts of robots designed to resemble animals and insects, and even paints eyes and mouths and the such on them, and now he's got this bean thing goin' on? Psycho.

dk_rare

Registered Member

Is it more like Tetris, or Dr Mario?

SamusAran86

Registered Member

I had alot of fun playing this game through Sonic Mega collection. I think my kids liked it even more than I did...

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'd say it's closer to Dr. Mario. I had it on Genesis years ago, and I used to play it against my brother. We'd yell out the combo names at each other all the time, our mom thought we were nuts.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Actually, it's really just a game called Puyo Pop or something like that except wearing a Sonic disguise. I think they've made a few sequels.

Yeah, Mean Bean Machine is the American version of Puyo Pop, and it has spawned several sequels.

Also, I prefer Sonic theme of the game. It's just hilarious to be stacking beans against robots.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
RossDude said:
Also, I prefer Sonic theme of the game. It's just hilarious to be stacking beans against robots.
True. Not to mention the value of the game as Sonic merchandise for collecting.

dk_rare

Registered Member
I am a Dr Mario man myself, if only for the manic music

Wrecked

Registered Member
one of my friends is a Dr. Mario freak. she still has an NES in her room and plays it regularly.

i'm pretty good at puzzle games, but she tore my ass apart with like 5+ combos.