Dr. Ripoff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, May 17, 2005.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, it's time for me to find another doctor. Back in December, I went to the doctors office for some kind of check up. I received a bill in the mail for $168.00 so I paid that amount on my next visit. Sometime later, I found out that all I had to pay was $25 for the visit. So I called the doctors office and told them to return $145 to me. They said they will refund the money in February. February passed and I called them again. This time they said April. April passed and still no money. Called today and they said their billing person is not in. So will call tomorrow and find out where my money is. Should I take them to court to get my money bacK? Not sure if it is worth it because of the lawyer and court fees. I just want my money! It's like Ocean's 12 where Terry says he wants it all back. I do too.

2. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

If you do take them to court and the court finds fault in the OTHER person, they get stuck with court fees too... usually all you have to say is LAWYER and they cough it up :D

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Just tell them you don't want this to have to go to court, you just want your money, and suddenly they will be nicer to you. :)

4. Dragon

I am thinking about taking legal action against this doctor because as a patient, I want to know how healthy I am. In January, I had a CT scan done on me and they found some pores on my lungs and I wasn't informed about it until 2 months later. My visits never lasted more than 10 minutes with the doctor. He was in and out like he didn't care. I will be consulting with a lawyer and see if I have a case.

5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

FIRED! I can't count the number of doc's I have gone thru in the last 5 years since I had my thyroid removed. (and one killed my Mother...sorta) I go in on the first visit and tell them that I am the patient from hell and then I tell them what I expect from them. (questions answered, no brushing off my concerns....take me seriously cuz I wouldn't be here if I wasn't! Regular lab work, work with me on meds etc) I think I get red flagged for being a bitch but who cares. Not looking for a best friend. I want a doctor. I THINK I finally found a half way good one.......then again I've said that before but so far this one has lasted over a year. Anyway I can't believe after a CT scan they didn't tell you things about it for 2 months! Did you call for results? 10 min or less? Uh No! I've learned you have to be a PIA about every little thing. I make them mail me copies of all my labs etc right away too. I know my Mom's generation, and I was like that before too.....thinks that doc's know it all and are like above the little patient.....no way! Not anymore. They are our employees and work for us. If they screw up you fire them. PLEASE get a copy of your CT and take it to another doc and find out what it is! probably nothing but so much better safe than sorry!!! Please....do it on Monday!

Can ya tell this is a sore subject with me? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

6. Dragon

The scan was for tubercolosis but I had the testing done on me and it came up negative. But still, I wanted to be informed of what's going on inside of me. I did call the doctor and they said they didn't have the results and said that they would give me a call once they found out. I have already contacted a lawyer. Their playing in my ballpark now.

7. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Good luck with all of it! Yeah knowing what is going on inside of you is kinda a given when seeing a doc isn't it? AKKKKKKKKKKK!

8. Dragon

I finally got my refund. But what to spend it on?

9. Mina

Mina Registered Member

How about you spend it on eBay?? ;)

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Could always bank it... :D